skybytch

broken body at Perris

Very good point Skybytch, if you spend all your time in a hard arch, you arent going to be effective flying your body. If you have your arms tucked in and your legs back, when you try to dock you are going to shoot up.
"I'll jump anything!"

[qoute]When I first started jumping I floated on everybody (in freefall). Learned to arch hard and was very proud of the fact that I could keep up with some pretty big guys without a weight vest; I too thought that weights made you lazy.
I found out otherwise when I started jumping with some serious big way RW jumpers (namely my bosses...). I could arch hard enough to stay with them but I was arched so hard that I had nothing left for manuevering. Wearing a weight vest allows me to keep up with the fast fall rate while staying the middle of my "range" - ie still able to pop up or drop down as needed and able to perform turns without floating up.
Whether you like it or not, if you are a featherbutt and you want to do RW you will probably end up wearing weights. A vest or a belt aren't the only ways to carry weight; most container manufacturers offer weight pockets on the rig as an option. Don't forget to add how every many pounds/kg's you'll be wearing to your exit weight when you are deciding on a main canopy size...
pull and flare,
lisa [/qoute]
sorry i missed this post wasnt being rude to ya.
yer i agree they r usefull most of the teams i have met use them and they r really experienced. i just meant when u r a student if u keep on using it you can get lazy