Dutchboy

Who's going to the dz.com boogie?

Who is going to the Southeastern USA Dropzone.com Boogie March 24-25, Skydive Atlanta?
I'm there Skydive Atlanta is my home DZ
I'm from another Atlanta DZ, but will be there
I'm driving from elsewhere in the state
I'm driving up from Florida
I'm driving over from Alabama
I'm driving down from Carolinas or Tennassee
I'm coming from elsewhere, but definitely coming
I will probably come
I may come if I can get good airfare
I don't like to have fun so I'm not going

That is my home dropzone and I have not heard anything about that. Where is the advertizing?

It has been advertised all over this site. It has been mentioned here several times and is also listed in the events section. Mike & Dawn haven't really advertised it, because we only told them about it last week.

Guys & gals, I've got a request from the DZO to try and estimate number of people participating for planning purposes. Also, she would like to know if we want to get fed at the DZ Saturday night or if we would prefer to go into town. Town has more selection of food, but would mean that at least some of us couldn't drink (drivers).
BTW Froggie, I did a 2-way sitfly with someone from Crosskeys today (Craig). We sorta screwed it up, but it was still fun.

Dutchboy-
You met Craig??!! If you see him again tell him Stacy sends a big hello and that Doug has no one to jump with now. Craig's a fun person to jump with. I thought he was headed to Sebastian...
Stacy
http://astro.temple.edu/~sweeks

You met Craig??!! If you see him again tell him Stacy sends a big hello and that Doug has no one to jump with now. Craig's a fun person to
jump with. I thought he was headed to Sebastian...

He was on his way back from St. Patrick's Day in Savannah.

no jump for me(jump nazi's orders)
i will by flying back down to valdosta on the 24th.(i am currently at home in NY)
i am trying to get there to hang ot and meet some of you, since that will be a dz that i will be frequenting once my wings heal.....cant guarantee though.(usually if i dont guarantee i find i can make it and if i do, i can't)

JT

Current forecast for Friday through Sunday says 74, 70, and 64F for highs. Partly cloudy or mostly sunny depending on whose forecast you believe.
I have secured us a team room for use as boogie headquarters if we want it. I want to do some dz.com jumps RW, freefly, and maybe CReW if we have enough CReW dogs. There will be a signup at manifest where you can tell us what you want to participate in.
See y'all there!
p.s. The DZ is flying the otter on Fridays as well for anyone who wants to get a head start on the weekend. The weather from Friday looks the best as well.

We will se if I can make it ( slacker I know ) as it stands right this very minute the only theing I own that I can use is my altimeter-LOL- may
be fixed by the weekend-we will see-

Well Skydive Atlanta has some practically new rental gear.
They have new Quasers with CYPRES and two handle system.
Depending on your size, etc. you might be able demo my Hornet (it's French, pronounced horn-ae). Hmm..., were you the one that put on a little over the winter, might not work out. My MSW for this canopy is 228 lbs.

Depending on your size, etc. you might be able demo my Hornet (it's French, pronounced horn-ae). Hmm..., were you the one that put on a little over the winter, might not work out. My MSW for this canopy is 228 lbs.

French? That's funny.. My Hornet was made by PISA - Parachute Industries of South Africa.. :)If "MSW" is 228, I'm assuming you have a 190.. There are a lot of people that jump 'em over the advertised "MSW" - way over - without any problems.. I jumped a 150 - advertised MSW of around 180 - at 210 out the door, and some load 'em heavier.. I think the MSW listed on most websites (for the Hornet anyways) are for Novice jumpers..
How do you like the canopy? I love mine..
Mike

I think the MSW is just something the gear manufacturers use to avoid lawsuits. Many manufacturers put a MSW on the canopy that's basically 1:1, so if the parachute fails for anyone over this conservative figure, they can point at the MSW and say it was the jumper's fault for overloading his canopy.
We were talking about something along these lines this weekend at the DZ. It's pretty funny that most skydiving gear (chutes, helmets, and containers come to mind) basically say on the label 'We make no guarantees whatsoever this thing will work, even if used correctly'

Yes, I know it was made by PISA. I was trying to make a funny reference to the scene from Wayne's World which you seem to have missed.
I love my Hornet. Yes it is a 190. I don't think it is so bad to slightly overload a canopy, but if you do you can radically change the flight characteristics. My exit weight is probably about 235 lbs giving me a loading of 1.24. I find it to be fun, but still forgiving at this loading.