Spectrejumper

Freefly pants or suit?

Hey gang. I'm planning on working on head down this season, and I don't think my RW suit is the best choice. Soooo, do you think I'll be better off with freefly pants, or a freefly suit?? I'm leaning toward the pants, but I wanted to get the opinion of some freefliers. Thanks.
Mike D-23312
"It's such a shame to spend your time away like this...existing." JMH

It seems to me that if your going to be freeflying alot more than the full suit would be your best option bro.
But moolah is moolah, if you think that the pants are what youll be more comfortable in to start, than maybe you should get them-LOL-
I'm pretty much a beginner at freeflying myself so take this for what you will.
I see myself corking too much with draggy pants and a tighter shirt, especially in sits.
D.Chisolm C-28534
[email protected]
http://www.sunraydesigns.com

Just my opinion but... it is hard to learn to sit fly with just pants unless you add a very baggy top in which case you might as well have a suit. The suit will be a little hotter in the Summer but will increase drag making control-ablility easier and will be more versitle for all types of freeflying. I have both pants and suit and only wear the pants in the Summer when just doing headdown.
Look at what Flyboyz, Olav etc. are wearing...
Blue ones.

I certainly can't draw from my own experiences (unless you want to count that one time accidental 3-way headdown I stumbled my way into :)Heck, don't you have some "friends" in the tailoring industry.... bet you could get a good freefly suit custom made for very little $$$. ;)
"Peace & Blue Skies!"

I wear my RW suit when I sitfly. I have about 50 sit jumps, and it works just fine. Except when the velcro at my ankles comes open, but even that isn't a real big deal. I'm attracted to the pants mostly for comfort, but I'm used to wearing a suit so it wouldn't be that big a deal. The cash factor isn't really an issue, my current job pays much better than my old one. I'm just wondering which is better for learning head down.
Mike D-23312
"It's such a shame to spend your time away like this...existing." JMH

Soooo, do you think I'll be better off with freefly pants, or a freefly suit??

Go with the full suit.. When you are doing jumps with lots of head down/sitfly transitions the suit will help.. Of course, you could always create the same thing by wearing freefly pants and a baggy sweatshirt....but then it'd be the same as a full suit, anyways.. At least with a full suit you don't have to worry about it coming untucked and covering up your handles..
Mike