Mallick

Vengeance 97

Bwwwwaaaaahhahahahahahaha!! That is still funny, hee hee!!
anyway, 137 cm
1cm = 0.3937011 inches
137 cm = 53.9370507 inches
53.9370507 inches = 4.494754225 feet
say @ 4'5"
That really doesnt seem correct >:(, I think my teachers lied!!

I haven't jumped one but I've sold a few. How much experience do you have on zp canopies? Any jumps on an elliptical (Stiletto or equivalent)? What size canopies have you been jumping?
If you have no zp experience don't go for the Vengeance; it's a bit too high performance for a first zp canopy. If you have no elliptical experience you might want to consider going a bit bigger than a 97. But if you've been jumping a zp canopy, preferably a Stiletto or equivalent, of around 107 sq. ft., you might like the Vengeance 97.
From what I've heard it flies a bit different than a Stiletto; turns are a bit slower but landing speed is a bit faster. Some people really like it, others prefer the Stiletto. Best bet is to get a hold of a demo canopy and put some jumps on it - that's the best way to decide if it's right for you!
pull and flare,
lisa

I have to disagree slightly on the Stilleto/Vengeance comparison. Here are my impressions as someone who used to own both (back in my P.D. or die days! LOL!)
First: I owned Stilletos in sizes 107 and 97. Five years on a 107, then about six months on a 97 before I got my new Vengeance 97 (should have bought an 89). I weigh 150-155 and normally wear 12 pounds for 4-way.
My Vengeance packed quite a bit bigger than my Stilleto of the same size. It opened about the same; which is to say pretty nice. The control range was much longer, meaning the brakes are down around your torso as opposed to up around your ears. Turns were slower, but the canopy dove much steeper and was thus more "ground hungry." While it SEEMED like you might be going faster on the swoop, I didn't really go any further accross the ground with it than with my Stilleto; odd. To me, it just didn't make sense. But, back to the original poster: a Vengeance "feels" like a Stilleto one size bigger. For example, I thought my Stilleto 97 rocked, but felt my Vengeance 97 was a complete dog. I would have been much happier with the 89 and knew it, but was talked into a 97 by a rep at the PD factory.
I held off on buying a tri-cell even though that is what I really wanted because I was concerned with the fact that since they are so much more ground hungry, I might be getting in traffic jams with my students at Raeford. After jumping the Vengeance a couple of days and dealing with it, I decided to ditch it and buy a tri-cell. Ended up buying TWO mains: an Icarus VX-74 and an Alpha-84 (thus beginning my relationship with Atair).
Some people really like the Vengeance. Personally, it did nothing for me. WHAT A BITCH TO PACK! This is an individual sport and everyone has their favorite equipment. Luckily, we have these forums (though the equipment forum would have been a better place to post) to express our experiences with different gear. As Raeford is a typically "Javelin and PD" dropzone, I got a good bit of ribbing when I sold my PD mains. After a while, though, people started diversifying a bit and actually TRIED different products before they started talking shit about them. Now, I am proud to report that there are "diamonds all over the place". Gotta love it.
Chuck Blue
D-12501
Atair Factory Pilot (and former Vengeance owner)