pyke

Wesley, Charlie, William - CRAP!!!!

Think Dan had all good landings. We had quite a few good jumps too. He was funny 'cause he asked at manifest for me and they paged me across the hanger....of course I yelled back louder than the PA. Did you warn him about me????
Note to self: Pyke just can't handle it when a chick bests him!

Pulled three freefly comp jumps (came in first place).

Congrats on that!
BTW - Did you see Nati's vid of the raft dive? She's looking into the raft and you can HEAR her say "Hey! How ya' doin'?"
Great stuff. I was telling Gracey about our rrw (raft relative work) idea. He thinks we could pull it off.
:D
What was this thread about? Oh yea, movies. Watch the skydiving part of Fandango again, all they stuff the crazy guy is saying as he scribbling on the board is pretty technically accurate! Cutaway had some good footage, but it was way too hacked up, some of the shots made no sense, there had to be something removed in a lot of places. Point Break - decent movie, but skydiving stuff was a little funny. They exit at 3k, whats-his-name debates for a few seconds, then chases the bad guy down, then they have time to argue about who's going to pull... 90 second freefall from 3,000?
Of course, with any movie having to deal with something you know a lot about, there's going to be problems. I'm sure Days of Thunder accurate depicts stock car racing, and Lethal Weapon is a true representation of detective work.

I'm sure Days of Thunder accurate depicts stock car racing, and Lethal Weapon is a true representation of detective work.

it DIDN'T!!???? Fu#$!, I was so convinced!!!:D
I thought all detectives were ex-green beret special op's psychos, and as far as stock car racing goes....I thought all rookies got to take their shot at the big time in their FIRST time out!:S
God, my perceptions of reality are SOO thrown off now.;)
And, to mouth and Sis, I don't have sexual frustration pent up over being beaten by a chick...I have sexual frustration PERIOD!!!!! But, that is how I got the title of OLD HAND, so I guess I should be used to it now!!;):P
Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Pyke:P
NZPF A - 2584

I had to laugh at that one.... Did you see on Bobo's video that I out floated the raft when I was the last holding on? I might be able to got to that 110mph base now :)Oh yeah the movies thing... I think that had they cut ALL of the ground shot out of Cutaway we would be left with an OK movie. I smell an Episode 1.1 No Whuffo footage bootleg version coming out soon. :)
Whoa... That was cool!

That would be a plane used by a DZ near Atlanta, GA (Maybe FreakSister can give us some input here). I remember the reference in their webpage but now I can't find the page anywhere.
I first saw it when I was planning to get an MA at GATech, so I'm pretty sure it's within driving distance from Atlanta.
Here in Uruguay we only have Cessnas (better take a book with you), and jumps are usually 9k ft. One of the reason's I don't jump here :(
XYBe
Part-time whuffo

Well I'm not gonna get sucked in to the ol' point break king air lala- btdt
Yes we have a king air in Monroe, its owned by skydive monroe and was never used for jumping until it was brought here. Actually it used to be used for some kind of medical transport I think, could be wrong. Since its owned and not leased/rented than it should be here to stay, but like mouth said things change sometimes :)
C-28534
http://www.sunraydesigns.com