Alienangel

Cheesy creative writing forum

Guys.
Could everyone please stop posting little 13 year-old style essays about their experience of skydiving.
I can't tell you how sick I am of hearing about 'the wickle fwuffy cwouds' and the 'embwace of the sky'.
This is a SKYDIVING forum. Skydiving is an extreme sport and not the place for woofters and pansies. Please stop this nauseating, saccharine-sweet spew permeating our forum.
This is not directed at anyone in particular and not intended to be taken personally. However if you want to try out your creative talents, please join an evening class or visit rec.cheesycreativewriting where your efforts may be appreciated fully.
Would you get away with this on a real DZ? I think not. Please bear that in mind before you subject us to it.
AA

Bwaa haha hah ha hahahahahah!!!
Completely right!! I know, I know, lets have a creative writing section on the forum!! Please!! Whenever I feel down I can go laugh at it and get some kicks!!
Anonymous Alchoholic - YOU RULE!!
B.

Not me, all those big words give me a head-ache and I don't even own an ensyklopediah...
/s
PS AA, do you jump in the UK and where? (also where do you get your gear and how much are you paying? feel free to continue this conversation privately)

I don't think anybody's forcing you to read it. It's really rather simple: If you don't like it, don't read it.
I really like reading other peoples' stories about how they experience skydiving.

Skydiving is an extreme sport and not the place for woofters and pansies.

ROFLMAO!! Oh yeah, I forgot, I'll tell you all about the low-pull contests for AFF-students at my DZ someday.
Ramon

I wouldn't read it, except that it seems like every other post is some story about the 'special magic of the sky'. I get drawn in by the title and then...wham! Another little essay in the style of Mills and Boon. Too much guys.
Glad to hear you have those Low-pull contents too though. We restrict ours to at least AFF level 3....teaches discipline huh?
AA

I don't know why you feel the need to put down some of the best people I know for expressing themselves but I really don't think that this is the venue for it. The "Cheesy Creative Writing" as you put it has helped many people get over their fears and re-live their first few jumps. Michele for instance has summoned more courage thatn anyone I have ever seen, overcome all her fears and felt safe enough to tell us all about it in a way taht allows us to all share in it.
If this is just your way of causing controversy choose a different topic like abortion or gun control. I understand that you have the right to say whatever but I would hope that you and others would respect the comunity that we have developed and keep the tone positive.
Ready, Set, GOOOOOOO
Albatross

Hey AA --
i agree with the Albatross on this one. I too enjoy reading about other people's feelings (and fears) when they are facing this great unknown we call skydiving. If you don't like what you're reading, turn the station.
Not only do I like reading these stories, I also realize it takes a lot of balls for a person to sit down and write about their true feelings, then post it on an open forum for others to read. This is on a par (to me at least) with public speaking -- something the majority of our population would not do at all.
On a lighter note, I read your story, and enjoyed it immensely for the satirical writing that it was. You have a great sense of humor ! But I can't recall anyone flaming you for writing it.
I think Sangiro does a great job in keeping his site free of back-biting and slander of a personal nature -- respect his intentions, okay ?
Live and let live.
The King (stepping down.....no, PLF-ing off his soapbox.....just for practice, though.....)

Blatant trolls don't seem to work nearly as well as irony and satire, maybe you should stick with your previous style of posts.
Call me a sissy but it seems that every other post these days seems pointed at starting a flame-war. Now that I think of it, that's what wreck.skydiving is for, why don't we keep flames for usenet?
Xybe, the fat-bastard-cheesy-guy-who-likes-posts-by-girls-who-conquer-their-fears-by-dealing-with-them-among-other-people-rather-than-burying-them-in-testosterone-and-adrelalin.
Still shedding whuffo-ness
Check out the Hardcore Whuffo pages

... the fairy schnuffled and sputtered into her thimble of vodka as she toddled off, ripped wings trailing behind her. Her mudbrick house had been turned to, well, mud by a scary angel who poked and prodded her with pointy sticks dipped in bird shit. The fairy knew where to find some mushrooms that would make her feel better. And then maybe she'd visit those big hairy Angels from Hell who lived down the road and made special fairy powder in their corrugated iron sheds... mmmm tasty powder...
Alienangel... Mills & Boons are not such a bad idea... at approx. US$90 to 100 000 per book (Aus$40 to 50 000) I could live however the f*@k I wanted, and buy a Barbara Cartland pink skydiving ensemble!
I don't think the writing you don't like is cheesy.. cheesy implies insincerity... but we all get something different from skydiving and express that in different ways.. I don't think Michele sounds like a 13 year old and I don't think I do either. Maybe it makes jumping into the air less scary for me if I think of the sky as an inviting entity or at the least a friendly environment... I'm still working at the fear... maybe you do have a point in that if I waffle about how nice the sky is and don't jump, well then, I'm not jumping & maybe I do need to be more assertive and less flowery about it to get over the fear.
Anyway, I loved your satire/parody of my butterfly post... I'm only a fluffy bunny on the outside..
blue or whatever colour skies you want to you, Larissa

LOL...ok, fair cop.

Her mudbrick house had been turned to, well, mud by a scary angel who poked and prodded her with pointy sticks dipped in bird shit. The fairy knew where to find some mushrooms that would make her feel better.

Very funny...I guess I just won't read the other stuff then...but how will I know if Nimbus has written something good like this that I'm missing out on? Oh well.
Don't take me too seriously, it's hot, I'm stuck in an office and I'm bitchin'. I'm really a fluffy bunny on the inside...you just have to get past the evil psycho testoterone-riddled asshole first ;).
AA
ps - Ben - you may have a point - are you single?

guy-who-likes-posts-by-girls-who-conquer-their-fears-by-dealing-with-them-among-other-people-rather-than-burying-them-in-testosterone-and-adrelalin.

Yeah, but only when they're dressed up nice, right?

Dan
"Oh, you went to a movie this weekend? That's nice. Me? Oh... Actually, me too..."