mattb

What happens when 7 freefliers do RW?

Saturday afternoon was my 100th jump. (yes, beer was purchased) I mostly sit-fly with a few RW jumps every once in a while. A friend suggested we do a RW jump so we would stay close and get good video. Our 4-way soon grew to 7 and for a change we got to jump out of the plane first.
After a few jokes from the rest of the plane (freefliers) about belly flying and it was time to exit. If it hadn't funnelled I would have been amazed, but it did. I was in the base with 2 other jumpers, one on her 27th jump. When it funneled she decided to go into a sit since she was 100 lbs lighter than some of the guys and didn't want to float. That was the end of the planned jump.
I was trying to fly back to the 3rd jumper in the base when I noticed the rest of the jumpers had given up on belly flying and were in a sit, stand, or head-down diving for the lowest person.
It was a good jump, the video didn't turn out too well but that is unimportant. Some of us got close to each other and we all had fun.
-mob

Haha! I know what you mean - we launched a RW jump with the realization that it was going to funnel, and when it did, we were just going to see how long we could hold a nice stable funnel (is there such a thing?!) that was so much fun
"We're going to launch a what? A meeker? What's a meeker?!"
That was way too much fun!
Matt - I'll be up there this Thursday, work on that camera exit and we'll try the sit train again! :)