FreeflyPlaymate

It's a Chick Thing

Ladies I'd like to ask for 1 minute of your time..that's right, I'm inviting everyone who is willing, for a very special jump...to celebrate the wild side of us sky sisters. If you read on there's a story that I hope inspires all of you!
(it's from "It's a Chick Thing" awesome book)
Alegra and I were freshman roomates at University of California, Santa Cruz, better known at that time as Uncle Charlie's Summer Camp. Studying was almost unheard of when there was coffee to drink, music to crank, and gossip to share. The two of us were as different as we were the same; she had grown up among the Northern California redwoods, and I had fled the thick air of Los Angeles as fast as I could when I found out places like Santa Cruz existed.
Like soul sisters, we filled our days with easy conversation and comfortable silences. Some people said we looked alike, an observation I took as a high compliment since Alegra was many things I only hoped to be, and beautiful was on of them.
today, like any other Saturday afternoon, we had our books spreaad in front of usin our tiny shared room with a view of the trees, made misty and damp fby the recent storms. Alegra sat with her back to her bed; I was curled up on my bed, reading the same sentence about "basic" genetics three or four times. Halfway down my seventh page (7 of the 157 I was supposed to finish), I sighed and dropped my head to the pillow. From the way Alegra was softly singing the words to "Sugar Magnolia," I could tell she wasn't absorbing much either. It had been raining for days, weeks, and we were halfway to stir-crazy.
I closed my book and watched Alegra. she caught me, laughed quietly, marked her page.
"All I want to do is go outside," she said mournfully.
"I know I just can't concentrate"
"We should just go out into the field now, even though it is raining," she said, alluding to the large grassy field at the bottom of the hill where we lived. It was less than a quarter mile away, but it felt like acres of land stood between us and our usual sun spot.
"yeah, whatever,girl" I replied. "You go get soaked. What I don't need on top of everything is to be sick right now."
"you won't get sick. Let's go. Now. Let'r run." I could tell she was serious. I started to consider it. I was reaching for my shoes when she said "Naked."
"What?" I snorted. "You smoking something and not sharing again? Like, I'm going to strip down in front of all these maniacs and just streak down to the field." This is not something you did in L.A.
"Well, then you stay here. I'll tell you how it was." She started untying her hiking boots. By the second sock, I was over my consternation. I mean, who was really around? And anyway, who would care? The truth was, clothing seemed optoinal around here anyway, with people sunbathing nude all over the place on hot days. Why not rain bathing?
we stepped outside onto our tiny porch, bare feet recoiling from the cold cement, towels wrapped around us, barely. Alegra touched my hand. " On the count of three, we run. If we run fast enough, no one will even know what went by. One, two, three..." We shot off the porch, heading down th efamiliar path, past our friends' doorways, past the offices, past the cofeehouse. No one was outside, and if anyone was watching us from the windows, we were moving too fast to know. The rainw as pelting us, and our desperate attempts to keep the towels around at least least our bottoms were quickly surrendered. At last, we felt th eloamy forest floor under our feet, but we didn't stop running. It felt too good. Like we had leapt off the highest cliff and discovered we could fly.
I dropped my towel in a patch of high grass and ran alone until my legs gave out from under me. I found myself surrounded by bending field grass. I lay back, listening to my heart and breath, quick from the running and the daring. I could hear Alegra panting nearby. For one moment, everything made sense. We were pure, perfect. I stretched, and there was Alegra's hand, a spark of sisterhood's promise passing between our fingers.
We wrapped our drenched towels artound us for the walk up the hill, not caring about how odd we ust look. By the time we reached our door, we had come to a few silewnt conclusions: That our bodies were to be cherished, that some moments are meant to be seized, and that there is no feeling int he world like rain on an unashamed heart.
-Jennifer Bernstein-Lewis.
Sisters..as all of you know there is a Chick's Boogie over at Skydive Elsinore in October...one load, 23 chicks, bubbles, cat ears, colored shoelaces, and laughing because you can't believe your doing it, but seizing the moment, and joing all the other Thelma and Louise's of the world....that's right go naked! And your naked jump will be paid for!...so hey in some ways you will be covered..hehehe!!! Anyone interested in jumping can email me at [email protected]
Dance like no ones watching...be as crazy as you want to be...ladies!!!!
**BLUE ONES**
BITE ME.... :P

If you come up a little short for volunteers... I can tuck a few extra...uh..."straps" I guess you could call it, and join in the fun! I know it's a very generous offer and all, but I'd do it for the sport!
"pull high! It's lower than you think..."