aa1b

Fandango!

Lets see who tops the list for the spookiest drop zone!
If you had less training than the guy in the Fandango movie
please raise your hand.
"What sort of man lives where there is no daring? Is life itself so dear that we should blame one for dying in adventure? Is there a better way to die?"
Charles Lindbergh

Well...I'm the opposite. I learned to jump with the US Army. I was in the Air Force and found the instruction speed of my slower Army counter parts quite annoying. I guess it takes some of those Chairborne Rangers 2 weeks to learn how to fall down and pull one handle. That shouldn't have taken more than 1 or 2 days...LOL
"The cab driver said... he recognized my girly by the back of her head" -Beasty Boys
Clay

I was in the Air Force and found the instruction speed of my slower Army counter parts quite annoying

Disclaimer: Clay did not attend an FJC that I taught. But, since he mentioned it: both of the military skydiving clubs on Fort Bragg teach SL courses at least once a month, sometimes twice a month. Classes run from Monday thru Friday and are from 6pm-9pm nightly. The course sylabus is very detailed and covers much more than most schools. For example, packing is taught and you are signed off to pack your own main before you ever make your first skydive. Some instructors who are less experienced and ramble a bit can take as long as four evenings to get through the written sylabus, but I generally do it in two nights. The students then come in during lunch the rest of the week and after work to finish their packing. "Slow" students are given one-on-one attention as we have a TON of instructors and riggers in the military clubs. AFF students sit in on the SL ground school when possible, thus cutting down on DZ prep time. Tandem students are briefed on the DZ and recieve additional ground training if and when they transition to the other programs. Students are not charged for any of the advanced coaching that people pay for at big dropzones. Water training? Free. Packing? Already told you it was free. Wanna learn to rig? Free. Want to rent complete sets of modern gear? $30 all weekend.
Piss poor dropzones are the ones that give you a two hour class, kick you out the door, then only talk to you when you open your wallet again. Piss poor is charging someone to teach them to pack. Piss poor is charging them $30 to jump under a parachute in a pool for 15 seconds. Piss poor is taking $2,000 from some poor slob for seven AFF jumps, then sending them off and telling them they are "good to go." Unbelievable.
Chuck

Chuck..you're my hero!!!!
From what Joe B says about you and what I read from your posts....
I got a case of beer with your name on it ANYTIME!!!!!
One of these days when I get a car...I will kidnap Cyber and we will head on up to Raeford for the weekend...then the FUN really begins!!!!
Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Pyke :P
NZPF A - 2584
USPA C- ?????

Disclaimer:
I learned to Free Fall at the Green Beret Sport Parachute Activity Ft. Bragg, NC. The instruction there was great. Very thorough. As Chuck said, they teach you everything you need to and should know. Without charging you more. I can't beleive what some schools charge money for. (All the stuff Chuck mentioned) Hell, the JM's at the club aren't even getting paid except the club manager and 1 rigger. The others do it for the love of the sport and to run up jump numbers. Can't ask for more than that. I always make fun of the "Conventional" Army guys. I.E. Super Dooper Paratroopers.....LOL. The SF guys are the closest thing to the Air Force I ever met. I always got along with them great. All about beer drinkin, chasin hotties, and blowin stuff up.
"The cab driver said... he recognized my girly by the back of her head" -Beasty Boys
Clay

Done!!
hope you got your canopy back by now...if not...I'll give Joe some shit for ya!!! He loves getting shit...dishes it out enough!! Just ask him sometime about my container!! He *loves* my racer!!
Have fun in Raeford and at the fun park! Time with wife...very important!!!;)
Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
NZPF A - 2584
USPA C- ?????

Done!!
hope you got your canopy back by now...if not...I'll give Joe some shit for ya!!! He loves getting shit...dishes it out enough!! Just ask him sometime about my container!! He *loves* my racer!!
Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
NZPF A - 2584
USPA C- ?????

Done!!
Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
NZPF A - 2584
USPA C- ?????

That scene in fandango is now part of our student training video,, as they head out to jump we all bark "ARCH ARCH ARCH" at them,,
Have any of you military boys heard of the "Crabtree" bunch?? No explanation needed if ya have,, My AFF JM's work at Fairchild AFB,, teaching freefall and survival skills,, do the special ops thing at Yuma AZ and Marana AZ,, one just retired,, they've all been in it a long time and I'm always amazed at the guys who stop by our lil DZ that they've met over there years in the military,, did a RW jump last month with a guy who was a Golden Knight for 10 yrs, on the World Record 8 man team,, we did a 3 way and he taught me a bunch in that one jump,,, just curious if any of you know of them,, a few first names are Mike, Marty, Greg, and one who just came back called "Demo",, all great guys and excellant JM's and tandem masters,, their skill is obvious after years jumping with all that crap you carry into a hot DZ,, if ya know of them I'd be happy ta get ya in touch with them again!! And by way the way thanks to all you vet types,, glad I never had to go through that shit myself,,
Blue Skies!!
B

Yes!
I'm going to do it again!
SkyDive Las Vegas is the WORST DZ you can go to. If you're a tandem, you might live through it there (it is only a rollercoaster to them). If you're a fun jumper, you might be able to jump there, but you have to land 15 miles off the DZ, and they will send someone to pick you up. FUCK SKYDIVE LAS VEGAS!!!!!!!
Love,
Billy
"Light a candle for the sinners---Set the world on fire!"
Marilyn Manson

Post-whore!

Oh, Chuck....how you flatter me so!!;)
lmao!:D
it's a bit of the black calling the kettle pot!!!
errr..wait...I always fu*k that up!!![hits his head with hand] Stupid, stupid, stupid[/hits his head with hand]
Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
NZPF A - 2584
USPA C- ?????

I can add two more!!!

I'll say what I said to all my teachers in school....
"Betcha you won't!!!"
yes...I ended up in detention LOTS!! But look at me now...2 college degrees and a skydiver....Mouth, you could be doing these kids a favour and they don't even know it!!!
Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
NZPF A - 2584
USPA C- ?????