PalmettoTiger

Turboupdate

HieverybodyIdonthavemuchtimetotypetheymighttowmycaragainbutIhadagoodtimeatDelMarVa
andaGREATtimeatCrossKeysnewskyvanWahoo!Buttheenthusiasmcan'tlastbecausemycar
droppeditstransmissionaboutthreefourthsofamilefrommydormsoIhadittowedandillegallyparked
bymydoor(hahahahahathey'regoingtoputabootonit-sowhat?Itisn'tgoingANYWHERE!!!)andI
havetogofinishunloadingsothateveniftheytakemycartheywon'thaveanythingelseimportant.
LovetoyouallandImissDZ.comalready
TIGER

I was in a good mood so i "inflated it" :)Hi everybody I dont have much time to type they might tow mycar again but I had a good time at DelMarVa
and a GREAT time at CrossKeys new skyvan Wahoo! But the enthusiasm can't last because my car dropped its transmission about three fourths of a mile from my dorm so I had it towed and illegally parked by my door (hahahahaha they're going to put a boot on it-so what? It isn't going ANYWHERE!!!) and I have to go finish unloading so that even if they take my car they won't have anything else important. Love to you all and I miss DZ.com already
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver

OK, car's unloaded. Also managed to snag the UPS guys (who had the other third of my worldly posessions) about three minutes before they left, so now I don't have to PUSH my car down to their warehouse and get the stuff my parents shipped via 2-day airmail (forgetting that I was going by 6-day "freight").
My ass is killing me in this chair - if only I had a car to take me somewhere where I can buy a better seat! I had a hard landing Wednesday when I flared 6 feet too high and took all of those 6 feet directly on my coccyx. My entire lower back and abdomen clenched hard and I could only take shallow breaths for 10 seconds - I was scared that I had just paralyzed myself until I realized that my feet hurt too. After that I stood up and gave a Big Liar™ thumbs-up to everyone who saw me land like that and writhe on the ground.
The cool thing about X-Keys is that you can come in from a landing like that, ease down on a picnic bench, bitch about how your canopy has all the flare power of an overweight anvil, and have Brigitte Liss :o, Mike McGrath :o, and Damian Atkinson :o tell you how to land better.
On my next jump I stood it up and ran it out in no-wind conditions (2nd time ever!) and landed within 20 meters and got it witnessed for my A-license. Life was good!!! Until the whole transmission incident.
VivaSpaceBar said:

Do you think this might be the year where they teach Ptiger about the space bar? That will always be my favorite year.

Well it's not covered freshman year, I did that one twice. I've already tried sophomore year once and I don't remember it being on the syllabus, but I'm doing it again so I'll let you know. ;)
I have a week before classes start so I might be able to put up a little trip diary on my website. I'll put a link here for y'all if I get around to it.

hey dan,
glad to see that you had a good time out at cross keys. Didnt realize that you were aware of who those guys were. It was funny, the first day that Bridget was at xkeys i knew that i had seen her somewhere.... realized that it was in Parachutist. Damo leaves on saturday :( But im glad that he's finally going home to his life. Mikey is great too. He's become my personal skydiving consultant (as you learned last night on the picnic benches). I cant even begin to explain all the information that hes shared, all the things that hes taught me.
Im glad that you got to come out here and jump. And hey, I owe you a pillow still. lol. NO worries about the landing, we all have um *ungraceful* landings once in a while.
have fun at school!
kel
CONGRATS ON THE A!!!!