awyatt

Help with a picture

Hi there,
Hopefully someone in here is good with graphics.
My mother's boyfriend / fiancee has a picture of him and his son landing after the second tandem jump, but the only problem is that the picture is in the form of a jigsaw puzzle. The original print I would image has been lost to time.
I'm trying to get it to a presentable form. (The jigsaw looks great in a frame, but he would like something to hang up at the d/z)
I scanned it in to my puder, but I'm a far cry from knowing even the smallest bit about altering graphics. What I need to know, or get help on is: what would be the best way to get the jigsaw lines out of the graphic? I've been playing around with it in Photoshop, but the results have been dismal. Is there anyone out there who can possibly give me some pointers.

Unfortunally with the missing material (jigsaw lines) the picture is going to be flawed at best. Trying to get the lines our would probally be best accomplished with the blur tool set to about 15 on a meduim brush. That will blend the colors around the lines so that they will be masked but still that will dimish the quality of the total picture.
Trying to totaly erase the lines is like asking some one to jump a canopy with no lines. Its not going to happen without lots of fighting.
Be safe, be smooth, be fast..... and most importantly.... be phree :)

What you are attempting is a pretty monumental task - I know a couple people out there who could probably pull off a reasonable job on it but these are professional retouchers who do this everyday and it would take literally days if not more to complete somthing like this. I have done a lot of retouching, but wouldn't touch a project of that sort of scope.
The previous post suggests the blur tool which may work to an extent, but I would definitely try and clone in some of the surrounding image first then work with other tools such as the blur tool to smooth that out where necessary.
e

Yea..upload the picture so a few of us can take a stab at it.
I've done stuff like that before (restoring old photographs with folds and pieces missing)
Just scan it as high-res as possible (and post it as a good quality jpg)
Go to http://www.vi2.com/maxForumFiles/ to upload it (the pic will stay online a few days, and then dissapear) and post the link here,,,
Greetz,
JC
http://www.3dluvr.com/mccordia
(some skydiving stuff in the video section..soon to be expanded:)