Pammi

Dallas this weekend?(already!)

Merrick and I haven't jumped in a while now, and are eager to get back in the air this weekend. So I was curious if there is anything going on in Dallas or maybe even Houston (thought that'd be harder to pull off) this weekend. Even perhaps Tulsa/KS/AR area? Missed the AR thing last weekend *sigh*
Thanks!
P
Hemp/skydiving jewelry pics!

Well if everything goes as planned this week! I should be graduating this weekend at Spaceland in Houston. I wanted to this weekend but the weather postponed jumping till early afternoon and I only got 2 jumps on Saturday. Then woke up to rain on Sunday so I didn't even go out, went to a buddies house and sat around drinking beer. Even if the weather was perfect I didn't think I had enough money to finish! I only have lvls 12,13,14 & 15 which is a HnP... then I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :)My New Website with 24hr Chat

Uhhhh.... Dude.. It might not be the best of ideas to be getting into bigways right off Student status. It's even worse when none of the people have jumped together. I'd keep it to a 4 way or less and make sure that there is some experience on the jump too. I'm considering 75 jumps or more this year or having prior student jumping experiece as having enough experience to jump with those right off student status. Plus if the club follow the USPA recs you need to have your coachs rating to jump with unlicenced jumpers.
Being in a 4 way that funnels at 5000 feet can be really unnerving to a low time jumper. I had it happen to me at the Labor day boogie. The new jumper got floaty at 6000 feet and we held the grips and she flipped right over and into the formation. Bodies went every where. The experienced jumpers took off and tracked and I watched as she righted her self then could'nt decide where to track and finally dumped in place. That was at 4500 feet. Durning the talk through on the walk to the hanger she said that she lost track of the bodies so she did'nt want to fly over anyone. It was a good plan since the experienced jumpers saw what was happening and took action instead of hanging out to see if it would fix its self. Some some stuff to think about before you graduate......
Be safe, be smooth, be fast..... and most importantly.... be phree :)

All that is going on this weekend (I assume you mean the 29-30) at Dallas are the T.S.L. (Texas Skydiving League) Playoffs for the N.S.L. (National Skydiving League).
This is an RW team competition.
I won't be there this weekend...if you go have fun!
Sis
I lust for the ultimate rush...