apoil

Jedi Fundamentalists

stolen from www.dailyprobe.com a new "onion wannabe".
Fundamentalist Jedi Terrorists Destroy Death Star
MOS EISLEY (DPI) - A fringe group of radical Jedi fundamentalists continued their campaign of terror Sunday, destroying the Death Star in a horrifying fireball that has shocked the Empire. Hundreds of thousands are believed to have perished in the destruction, which left mountain-sized fragments of the giant space station floating as far as half a galaxy away. The attack is the latest in a series of surgical strikes by the militant Light Side Jedi rebel group which oppose the Empire's control of key Trade Federation routes.
"It was horrible, just horrible," said Mrs. Barda Link, who saw the explosion on television from her Bespin home. Link recently sent the second of her two sons into the prestigious Stormtrooper Academy. She is unsure whether her sons were stationed on the Death Star at the time of the blast. "We'll just continue to hope and pray that the horrible monsters that perpetrated this evil, cowardly deed will be brought to justice."
Authorities have identified one prime suspect, a robe-clad, Bantha-herding idealist from an obscure desert planet. In the streets of Mos Espa, pro-Light Side youth were seen cheering the attacks, shouting for the liberation of Endor and release of known interplanetary smuggler and cop killer Han Solo from the dragnet of Imperial law enforcement.
Lord Vader, who himself narrowly avoided the blast, called for citizens to remain calm yet vigilant. "Now is a time for all of the peoples of this great galaxy to put aside our differences as Gungans, Wookiees, Jawas, Neimoidians and men, and unite behind our noble Emperor. We will win the war against the Forces of Light."

I agree...most people in America only like to see things from their perspective. As Americans we have this kind of superiority complex that prevents us from considering the whole issue...actually quite sad.
BTW I am in the USN and am not condoning the attacks, just asking people to open up to the big picture.

"I am in the USN and am not condoning the attacks, just asking people to open up to the big picture"
Very true. Most "Americans" just don't get it. They think the rest of the world has their same point of view. I guess what really made me start looking at things from differen't perspectives was my tour in Korea. I took a couple people to a hill that over looks the DMZ. That day I stood there and wondered why that guy in the tower about 1/2 a K away wanted to kill me. He probably could have hit me with the AK he was holding if he tried real hard. From that day on I have made an effort to not only understand my enemies capabilities but also their motivation. It makes them much easier to defeat.
"There once was a man named Enis.....B|"-Krusty the Clown
Clay

They way I see it Lord Vador and the stormtroopers to me represent Bin Laden and the Taliban and the Death star the taliban Gov hold on afghanistan. The afghans being the innocent Ewoks !! So to me I say blow the hell outa the death star!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bu t let the Ewoks go!!!!!!
Just my view point
jason

Hmm, let's see here....
Should we view this from "their point of view"? They (being Osama bin Laden) attacked us here first, killing thousands of civilians. What is their point of view? What...are we (U.S.A.) trying to spread democracy throughout the world and certain groups hate us for that and hate us for the freedoms we have and what we stand for?
Nah, they hate us because we allow our women to have an education and hold a job! (Yeah, right, like that's the reason why.)
What brought about the attack on the World Trade Centers and the Pentagon? What did we do to Osama bin Laden to provoke this? What did the civilians in the World Trade Centers do to provoke this?
I guess for the individuals that are wanting us to see it from "their" point of view are right, we shouldn't be doing anything in response to the attacks of Sept 11. We should just be passive! I guess the individuals responsible for the attacks had every right to perform such actions and we are COMPLETELY in the wrong for what we are doing.
Let's look at the incident of the Death Star now... (I see the Dark Side as the evil in the world; Osama bin Laden, etc. I don't see Pres. Bush as Lord Vader.)
What was the purpose of the Death Star? Wasn't it capable of destroying whole planets? Oh, but I guess that's a good thing. Lord Vader had Princess Leia's home planet destroyed, why? Mainly to show the power of the Death Star. Oh, but I guess there's nothing wrong with that and the Empire should be able to cruise the universe doing as they please.
I'm soo glad that some of ya'll have opened my eyes to view it from "their" side. I must have been wearing rose-colored glasses up to now. We, as Americans, are soo wrong for wanting freedom and the pursiut of happiness. (Massive sarcascm here. I don't really beleive that.) The big picture: America bad, everyone else good?
If you (anybody) happen to think that we, as Americans, or our government is oppressive, then elect the individuals that you think would be sufficient and shares your views. If you think that no candidate is worth your while, then do what Jesse Ventura did and run yourself.

Well there's always 2 sides to every story. I think that's what people are driving at. Not that it makes blowing up the WTC right, but there is definitely something to cause these people to have such deep-rooted hatred that they would gladly take their own lives and those of 5000 others who never did anything other than live and work in a particular country.
You can't solve a problem without knowing the cause. In this case the problem is a blind hatred that is indiscriminate and without limits. Just what the heck would cause that? Maybe if you find the cause, you can work toward a solution. Sounds trite but it's true.
In any event, there was an excellent article in Newsweek just a couple of weeks ago on this very subject. Long but very insightful & intriguing.
You can check it out here....
"Wear the grudge like a crown. Desperate to control. Unable to forgive. And we're sinking deeper."

Of course there are two sides to every story, that's always true. But then again, many things are viewed completely differently than another. I'll agree that if you can find the cause then a possible solution can be worked out. However, that won't work every time. I'm not saying that we all can't sit around a table, drink tea, and holding hands while singing Kum-Bye-Ya (however it is spelled); but I don't think that's really feasible right now and I don't think that Osama bin Laden would agree to it.
Are we at fault for bombing Afghanistan right now? Should we invite the Taliban to a round table discussion or maybe we'll fly over there for the discussion? If we are at fault for not discussing our differences now, then why isn't Osam bin Laden at fault for not trying to reconcile our differences before committing any terrorist attacks.
To use your arguement, then Osama bin Laden should have worked with us to find some kind of common ground between our differences. He didn't. I think blind hatred that is indisriminate and without limits is pure stupidity. Blind Hatred - what is that? Compare the two words. I think we have more of a reason now for what we are doing than what Osama bin Laden did to us due to his blind hatred.
Sometimes, some things require action not words.

Me....pacifist? Man, the train left the station without you. You best go back to the ticket counter and get one for the next departure.
Nobody made any suggestion that either point of view was "right." Merely that two totally differen't ideaologies existed. I personally feel that the only solution is to kill them all. Any person of any religion, race, creed, or nationality that abdicates terrorism against US citizens or soldiers. That is much easier said than done. Unfortunately we haven't succeeded in getting all these "terrorists" to wear a sign yet. So, it may take us a while to root them out. It's funny though. It seems everyones attention is on the middle east when in actuality that is only one area that produces terrorists. Certainly they have achieved the most "fame." We in the US best look closer to home when we get done in Afghanistan. Colombia is a very short flight from the US.
Clay

Are we at fault for bombing Afghanistan right now?

I honestly don't know the answer to that. Non-Taliban Afghans are dying over there. Probably not as many as the Taliban would have you believe, but there are nonethless. Is the killing justified? Well I'm not a big fan of killing by anyone. Is it necessary? In order to prevent further loss of innocent life, perhaps. But I'm not 100% convinced of the moral righteousness of what we're doing either.

Should we invite the Taliban to a round table discussion or maybe we'll fly over there for the discussion?

I doubt that would accomplish much.

To use your arguement, then Osama bin Laden should have worked with us to find some kind of common ground between our differences. He didn't.

I wasn't really arguing for or against what we're doing. But your logic is certainly correct.
I was merely trying to say that maybe we can prevent other Osma bin Ladens or Talibans from doing what they do if we figure out what causes them to become what they are.
I think it's pretty much too late for the current situation to reolve itself through any means other than violence, though I would certainly welcome it. I'm looking more toward the future.
"Wear the grudge like a crown. Desperate to control. Unable to forgive. And we're sinking deeper."

Me....pacifist? Man, the train left the station without you. You best go back to the ticket counter and get one for the next departure.

Whoa! I hope you don't think I'm some kind of pacifist?! I was just trying to point some things out, mainly of the way I disagreed with what has already been said. I guess I didn't make that clear. Individuals can always go round and round about this view or that view. If anyone things I'm a pacifist, I'M NOT!

We in the US best look closer to home when we get done in Afghanistan.

I agree, we need to take a real close look at ourselves here. We should have been doing this for a long time, but heaven forbid that we step on somebody's toes or infringe on their so-called "rights"! (Let me clarify, I'm being sarcastic here, so don't start thinking again that I'm a pacifist.)
It sure would be great if the keepers of this forum would create some type of HTML to allow us to show our remarks contain sarcasm. :)

"the bar was on the other side.."
Of course.....why does anyone cross the road?
Man talk about things to be pissed off about. I flipped by C-Span last night. They had all these jackasses on there from "The New Black Panther Party" What a bunch of fucking morons. Speaking about the "acheivments" of Hezbollah and the Iranian revolution. How America was trying to crush the Islamic movement and million other bullshit things. Ya know....it's a testament to the greatness of this country that these people weren't beaten and killed on the spot. I think they should have been.
Clay