Merrick

Dropzone.com SCR & Record Videos...

Hey guys, I finally got sick of waiting on someone else to transfer the videos to DV format so you guys could see them. I'm sorry for the shitty quality, but this was dubbed to VHS, then copied to DV, then uploaded & I only have a 4mb stick in my camera so it was hard to get everything (& couldn't record more than 15 seconds of video in the larger format, so you'll just have to deal with the smaller :P).
Anyway, the first vid is of Pam's SCR & the second is the record jump. I promise I got most of the record jump, it quits about a 1/2 second before breakoff. Note about 55 seconds into the video where I try my hardest to take everyone out! :)"Pam's SCR Video"
"Dropzone.com Record jump"
"Pammi's Hemp/Skydiving Jewelry"

Hmmm... don't know what to tell ya, I'm certainly not an expert at this, they're just simply MPEGS, so they're not in different formats. I can view both of them just fine.... Keep in mind that Tripod's kinda fucked up too.... we're probably going to be looking into a more dedicated server. I also use Windows media player as my default, so it could just be the player... Hell, I don't know, but am open to any suggestions!

"and what is SCR??"

It stands for Star Crest Recipient. It's a commemorative dive of the first completed eight-way star in memory of Bob Bouquor (sp?) who drown in the ocean trying to save his camera equipment.
It basically means that you are the base & at least 7 other people fly to you & build a star. Chicagoskydiver printed out the ceremony & history sheets on it, he can probably explain it better than I can.
Then there's also an SCS "Star Crest Soloist" where you do the same formation but you fly in at least 8th or later.