Merrick

WinZip Problems...

Just a quick question guys/gals...
When trying to unzip an Access Application that I tried saving on floppy disk, before I reformatted my harddrive, I'm getting an "I/O error (Message WZ54) - Unable to read from Zip file."
Anybody ever receive an error like this before, and if so, is there a fix for it?
Thanks everyone!
"Pammi's Hemp/Skydiving Jewelry"

K, if you can't even copy it to your drive, it's not a winzip problem.
Try a different computer (to make sure it's not the drive you're using) or try a different disk in that drive.
Try copying the disk, see if it'll let you do that
I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad
I got sunshine, in a bag

Let me see if I get this right:
The floppy itself checks out ok after a surface scan and all that.
You can apparently cd to the floppy and do a DIR (or if you're afraid of DOS: "open" the floppy *rinse mouth*).
But you cannot read the file or copy it.
a) Try another computer. Floppies sometimes "malfunction" because drive heads are aligned slightly differently. I admit this is rare, but it can happen.
b) Have you tried copying the entire floppy byte by byte and writing the raw image back to another floppy?
Otherwise, it seems like the FAT may be screwed up. In which case recovering the file is likely to be hell.
Alphons
http://www.liacs.nl/~avwerven

OK, I finally got the file copied to my harddrive... Ended up doing a dos diskcopy then copying the file from the other disk, so aparently there was a bad sector on that floppy..... However, I'm still gettting one of the same errors I was getting previously when I try to extract the application. (Error: Invalid compressed data to inflate.). Who knows.
"Pammi's Hemp/Skydiving Jewelry"