airdrew20012001

Where should I stay in Eloy?

I am going to Eloy for president's weekend, any advice on where is the best place to stay for really cheap-o? We have a rental car so we are mobile, we wouldn't mind a place with a bed and are also not adverse to staying and camping on the DZ, just wondered if anyone out there had any really great places to stay for little or no money that we should know about.

Thanks,
Drew

I tried camping at Eloy. Turned out okay because I brought a decent tent and very large stakes. Discount-store tents tend to collapse and blow away. If you do camp at Eloy, get the $1/day health club membership. Better showers, plus a place indoors where you can take shelter if you need.
I've done the Super 8, also. Relatively inexpensive, but cheap. Includes donuts for breakfast.
I know folks who have tried the Toltec. They report rock-bottom prices, and worth every penny.
There are some nicer places in Casa Grande, but you'll spend twice as much, too.
Mark

Have you camped out at other DZs before? I've been thinking about getting a little 1 man tent and sleeping bag so I can do overnights at the dropzones down here in Florida.
Is that practical or done often, or do most people "camp out" in RVs and nearby hotels?

MarkM,
I bought a two person (politically correct here) tent that fits on the back of a pickup truck. The wind would just about have to blow the truck away before the tent goes...it keeps me off the ground and away from all the crawly creatures...That is the best I could do and it was only the cost of a motel room for one night...Btw, i can't remember ever going to a DZ where you couldn't camp overnight. I guess there are some but I just haven't been to one yet.
TripleF
Geez, I didn't even say "BOOBIES"

i replied in the other eloy vacation thread.
camp out. you cant get much easier. just be sure to have an air mattress, warm clothes and enough blankets. Its cold in the desert at night. Camping area is nice, not many bugs (had one spider in my tent the entire time).
go and rent the key for the gym if you want. the other showers arent bad. just go in there at odd hours and you've got them all to yourself.

My little corner of the web.

I personally would recommend the Toltec, but it depends. If you like camping then it is great staying at the dz, but I prefer my own shower and climate controls. All that really matters is you are going to have some great skydives!
michael hunt (yes, that is my real name...and i've heard them all)

hey! thats just mean. Ash and burner are good people . Of course i spent a lot of time w/ ash when i was out there and he could be a bit odd (he's a total ball buster!) but he's definitally a good friend for life now.
just kidding . let him know Kelly from xkeys says hello and to send those damned pictures from the memory stick!
My little corner of the web.