Spear66

Best googles for contact lenses

Hey people. I've bin reading threads on here about what are the best type of goggles for people that wear contact lenses. Only I can't find anything for 2014. All the posts are really old. With all the new gear out these days does anybody have any new info for whats out there today.

Spear66

Hey people. I've bin reading threads on here about what are the best type of goggles for people that wear contact lenses. Only I can't find anything for 2014. All the posts are really old. With all the new gear out these days does anybody have any new info for whats out there today.

Not that many changes in goggles, so post of up to say 10 years ago should still apply. Flex-Z/Flex-Z Mini still are the very best IMO at fitting just about any face contact-proof.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I have been using prescription googles for the last 3 years, they are awesome and they even work in the tunnel. PM me and I will give you the info and pictures.

By the way they cost about 27 bucks, and after a full season and about 6 hours in the tunnel they still look brand new.

Pablo.Moreno

I have been using prescription googles for the last 3 years, they are awesome and they even work in the tunnel. PM me and I will give you the info and pictures.

By the way they cost about 27 bucks, and after a full season and about 6 hours in the tunnel they still look brand new.

FYI: goggles can only correct up tp about -6.5 diopters. If your vision is any worse than that, like mine is? You're SOL...

PiLFy

***I have been using prescription googles for the last 3 years, they are awesome and they even work in the tunnel. PM me and I will give you the info and pictures.

FYI: goggles can only correct up tp about -6.5 diopters. If your vision is any worse than that, like mine is? You're SOL...

I am not sure on the parameters that those goggles works but this set up is like having a thin lens inside the goggle and it works like a charm.

Every face is different so what fits one guy might not fit you.

For example, I quit using sorz after I got a blast of wind to the eye that blew my contact off my eyeball. In my experience the foam lining wasn't a tight enough seal but others have had success YMMV

I've had good luck with kroops goggles myself:

http://kroops.com/products/boogie-royal-blue

"I am not sure on the parameters that those goggles works but this set up is like having a thin lens inside the goggle and it works like a charm."

I'm familiar w/your setup. When I used to do a lot of shooting. I wanted to get a pair of Gargoyles. Same thing as you describe. The prescription inserts can only correct to -6.5, max. Not even close to my prescription... Glad they're working for you.

The best goggles for me as a contact wearer are to opt out entirely and get a full face helmet. I've been wearing both contacts and using a full face helmet since about 1991 and never had a problem. Multiple brand helmets, multiple models. There are other advantages to a full face helmet as well.

YMMV, try a variety of goggles and helmets, see what you think is best for you.

PiLFy

"I am not sure on the parameters that those goggles works but this set up is like having a thin lens inside the goggle and it works like a charm."

I'm familiar w/your setup. When I used to do a lot of shooting. I wanted to get a pair of Gargoyles. Same thing as you describe. The prescription inserts can only correct to -6.5, max. Not even close to my prescription... Glad they're working for you.

http://www.zennioptical.com/buy/707421-prescription-wind-goggles.html?_windowid=new

This are the ones I have been using for the tunnel and skydiving, and they work great I have a full season and 0 preblemos and quality is awesome for a $27.00 pair of prescription goggles

I was thinking you used something more like Gargoyles, w/lens inserts. I sent a query to your link. I doubt they can properly make a pair in my strength. It'd be great, as my contacts have been giving me a lot of trouble, lately. Thanks for the link. It might save me some money & hassle.

Kroops, the one without the vents.

Flex-z, I just tape up the vents.

Those two worked the best for me.

Don't know if Soarz are available, however one pair broke on me right a jump run, so I don't trust any hard plastic lense now.

Hey, honestly best one is G3 cookie helmets.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016