Muenkel

2 Months and counting........

2 months from today I will be descending upon the Skydive Space Center in Titusville for 12 days. My goal is to complete my AFF and possibly get my A license. I am praying to the weather gods. I will also have some tunnel training while I am down there.
I don't know why I am posting this, I am just really psyched!
"I am a victim of my environment."
Chris

When you get your license be sure to come back to Massachusetts and make some jumps with us at Skydive Pepperell.

My home DZ will most likely be Jumptown, but I definitely want to check out Pepperell. I've heard great stuff. Thanks
Chris

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the landing area, meaning that there aren't any desirable places to land in the vicinity, other than the main landing area, so make sure you hit it.
Live to Jump, Pull to Live,
Lippy

Somebody was talking about this at the DZ last weekend. They were saying that as long as you make it onto the airport it's all good. If you aren't going to make it back to the airport you better decide to go out early. There aren't any good places to land unless you are on the airport itself. Make sure to ask the JM to explain the "Accuracy trick" to you so you can judge where you are going to land.
"I only have a C license, so I don't know shit..right?"-Clay

"You think I should be considering a different DZ?"
No!!! You'll be fine. Just know what you need to do to be safe. You'll have a radio on and I'm sure the JM will talk you right into the best part of the landing area every time. Sorry....didn't mean to scare you!!! Hey...I went through some 50 Ft tall pine trees on my 3 rd jump. Just remember to steer for the hole in the limbs and PLF!!! LMAO I walked away and drank beer after that one. :)"I only have a C license, so I don't know shit..right?"-Clay

Thanks peeps. You know there is a 5 month lapse between my discovery of skydiving and the beginning of my career in skydiving, so I have been dealing with alot of self-doubt. But then I say to myself, that I have always been a really good student and I am pretty good at picking things up quickly.
I also figure if you bozo's can do it, I certainly can.:D
Chris

Chris-
I did all my student training at SSC. It's true, there aren't a lot of outs. The dz is in the middle of a neighborhood. But, you'll be pulling high enough that you shouldn't have any problem making it back to the airport. The student landing area has plenty of room. Trust me, if I can do it, then you can do it!
Andrea
The brave may not live forever, but the timid may not live at all.

Trust me, if I can do it, then you can do it!

Thanks Andrea, I am going to trust you. I'm not going to let some houses, pine trees, power lines, pools, mean dogs, or interstate 95 stop me! I'm a skydiver, dammit!
Chris

We were in Fla. in Dec/Jan. Weather was shite in Lake Wales so we 'popped' over to Titusville.
Had a chat to the guys there - really nice people... nice new spanking clean Cessna Caravan too! (IIRC)
There are few outs. Usually airfields are out in the sticks where no sod lives - but this place seems right in the 'burbs'. So it's roads / trees / etc etc BUT...nothing to worry about, it is a REALLY big airfield
Have fun
Regards, Phil
---
If you have to ask, you don't understand