pekkakurtz

costa brava Spain??

Most people call it Empuria, which is the town its in. Do a search on this forum for more info on it, and have a look in the Dropzone Review section.
In short:
Biggest DZ in Europe (more then 100,000 jumps last year), and only slightly behind the biggest DZs in the US.
lots of turbine planes (Porter and Otter(s)),
beautifull scenary (close to the Med and the Pyrenees)
lots of RW and FF people to jump with (organisers during boogies).
The only major negative to the place is that the weather can be unpredictable (or rather, you can bet to have winded out days in a long stay) with strong northely winds shutting the place down for days...
We've been there for Xmas and Easter for the last 2 years, and going again in 3 weeks for this Easter Boogie, so we like the place.
Remster
Muff 914

Mr Heatwave,
Being married, I've never noticed the spanish ladies, nor their perfectly formed behinds... some poster called RemiAndKaren once said Spanish women had the nicest asses in Europe, is that true? ;)
will you be there at Easter?
Remster
Muff 914

Monsieur Raven,
I seem to remember the post. Yes, I believe they do have the finest arses in Europe. I cannot vouch for the nicety of their Mules/Asses/Donkeys...
I'm hoping to make it to Empuria for the Easter boogie. Just gotta sort out a job and then we'll see!
B.

Good high-capacity DZ. Variable weather (better than North Europe, though).
Small landing area, and a lot of severe hazards (a town with canals) to the south.
Now requires AADs and has a its own licensing system for Freeflying. You can;t freefly there without the license. So even good FFers may need a check-out dive with a coach. I haven;t heard how strictly this is being enforced in practice, though.
Good nightlife - and lots of accomodation options.
Geoff

great D.Z I know i live right by it loads of good advice the babylon boys do regular fun jumps and the coach jumps are worthwhile, the chicitas are loveeeely. the licensing isn´t really a liocense its more of a way of saying that you are responsible enough to choose who you jump with and how man people you jump with you might not require a check out dive maybe bring a video of you capabilities and have a chat with the people there. the beer is cheap the people are friendly the skydiving is good however the weather does get shite everynow and then and in the summer you have the swimming pool the tennis courts the bar, and the beach is a hop jump and a skip away
cya
mooose