chickenhawk420

Rags

If i was looking at buying a first jumpsuit what would you reconmend? Im thinking of getting a suit that would last me through student to a more experienced level but i would also like one that would cater for freeflying (as this is what im aiming for plus ive always dressed baggy- swing low sweet cherry eye). As im getting a suit to last a bit im willing to spend for a nice one (plus its plastic money). I like DaKine Rags- could i get freefly suit or just cargo pants? Do i go for something with less drag (a tighter fitted suit at first for AFF- don't really want to do that though- swing low....). Does t matter wearing freefly suits for AFF?
Plus see some of you in Deland in a couple of months (after reading about sebastian ive changed my mind)- so anyone wanna hook up. Plus does deland have camping facilities for us DZ bums?
Blue skies, hot dives, rooftops and sunsets.
Wheres a good place for extreme white water rafting in USA?

Ive noticed a suden eirie silence on the forum after i post........ um wonder why??

Did you fart? ;)
Seriously.....you may want to post this in the G/R forum and/or Freefly forum to get good responses about a freefly suit.
Have fun in Deland. If you get a chance, head over for a day to Skydive Space Center....it is pretty close and is really awesome!
Brandon
JumpinDuo.com...come and sign the guestbook.

I would recommend Symbiosis (Rob Colpus and Donna Crumm AKA the Kit Store) at Headcorn, or Original Lizard (Ian 'Chappy' Chapman) at Hibble. Life is easier if you can deal with people in your own country, especially with jumpsuits which may or may not fit etc.....Look em up in the British mag, they advertise regularly there.
Personnally I like Symbi, thay have made all my suits for me, and I can't really complain about any of them.
Check the AFF suit compatibility with an AFF instructor, they may prefer something with grippers on it.....but you don't say what stage you are at.
Rafting in the US, sorry haven't a Scooby Doo on that front, unlikely to get anything worthwhile in Florida tho, too flat I would guess.
Good luck
Cya
D

so anyone wanna hook up.

Uh....it depends on what kind of hooking up you want to do! :D I'm in Deland a couple times a month on the weekends.
Yes, you may camp in Deland. If you're coming in a few months, that would be the summer, so make sure you bring some good bug repellent. The mosquitoes get pretty nasty at night.
Andi
The brave may not live forever, but the timid may not live at all.

check out DaKine's website, you can view everything they have "on shelf" and have anything you want "custom tailored" for reasonable amounts, plus there in "vogue"
Richard
"It's A Bird, It's A Plane, No...It's Superman, Aw Hell, That's Just A Sky Diver!"

If I were you, I would get a suit for after student status. While you are going through AFF your JMs will decide what suit you will wear. So do not waste your effort on thinking off AFF suits. The DZ has enough of them for you to use. Concentrate on what you want for after that.
Just my 0.02
Alex

Wheres a good place for extreme white water rafting in USA?

Not sure if it qualifies as 'extreme' but North West Arkansas has alot of white water rafting. I guess you could do it without a paddle and with a 20 lb weight vest to make it 'extreme'. :D

FREEDOM MEANS CHOICE!!
Great suits, I love mine and Karen ROCKS! :)www.freedommeanschoice.com
They are very inexpensive compared to places like DeKine, but the workmanship and quality is first rate. That and Karen (the girl that runs the business and makes every suit) is great, especially dealing with tailor dumbasses like me (she had to explain how to do more then one measurement when I was trying to size for my suit). That and she even helped me out with what I needed for what I was doing. I had/have a wee-little bit of a fall rate problem, in talking to her she designed my suit to help me slow down. :)"Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

If you are looking for something that is priced right, check out Tad's Sportswear. They have great suits and the quality is top notch. You can get a freefly suit for about $105 (due to the exchange rate) plus shipping.
Ask Pammi and Merrick what they think of theirs. They both have a freefly suit and Laura and myself both have an RW suit from them.
Good luck!
JumpinDuo.com...come and sign the guestbook.

White water rafting??? I went on a four day trip down the Salmon and Snake rivers a few years agoin Norhtern Idaho. It was awesome!!! Nice rapids...plenty of wildlife....and you are absolutely out in the middle of nowhere.
"I'm a danger to myself and everyone around me!"-Clay