JumpHog

Atair Rocks!!!

I would just like express my absolutely terrific experience with the folks at Atair. I sent an e-mail to them last week with a couple of questions, regarding some problems I was having with my canopy. These problems were, in no way, a problem created by Atair, and from a business standpoint, they had obligation to help me out. Nonetheless, Dan e-mailed me back the next morning, saying that he would be happy to help me out any way he could. He agreed to meet with me this morning at his offices. Upon arriving there, both him and Heather were both very friendly. They gave me a tour of their facilities and showed me some of the new canopies they have in production. They also showed me a Cobalt 25 that they recently produced. Of course, no one plans on landing the thing, but it would be great fun to fly and then cutaway. After that, they pulled out all of the canopies that they had in stock and ended up trading me one of them, in exchange for the Cobalt that I brought with me. They had no legal obligation to help me out, and simply did it just to make another happy Atair customer. I have been extremely happy with their products, having purchased three Cobalts, and having talked several people into buying their own. Now I can also mention how great their customer service is as well. Thanks again to both of you for all of your efforts to help me out. You both run a first-rate company.
Blue Skies,
Paul Eriksmoen
Current 4th-time Cobalt owner

I have to get the brake lines replaced on my Viper 150. Several people told me that it's very difficult to get the specs from Atair. I sent the canopy out to a rigger friend at Perris to have him replace the brake lines and check the rest of the lines......guess what...he hasn't been able to get the specs.
What's up with that?

What's up Stacy?
Sounds like a plan. Maybe after a few drinks at the Tiki Bar, I'd feel brazen enough to try and land the thing. How hard could it be?
I hope your first few days in Florida have been treating you well. Take care and see you Memorial Day.
Blue Skies,
Paul

"several people?" Do yourself a favor and talk directly to the source. It is that attitude which leads to entire masses of people at certain dropzones saying stuff like, " if you don't jump an Odyssey and a Stiletto, you must be a fag."
Puhleeeze....

Did you read my entire post? Instead of taking their word for it that my rigger would have trouble getting the specs, I sent the canopy out to the rigger with the assumption that he wouldn't encounter any problems. He has.
(BTW, these weren't people with anything against Atair, or their products. They just had problems getting the specs.)

hi paul, thanks for good feedback.
------
btw, i almost never check this forum, just the gear/swoop ones.
lines sets: heather faxes or emails an excel spead sheet with full line specs to anyone that asks. if your rigger has had trouble getting specs i am willing to bet it is because he never asked for them from us. we also stock a pretty good range of line sets for our alpha, viper, space and cobalt canopies, for immediate shiping.
sincerely,
dan
atair
www.extremefly.com
718-923-1709 ph
178-923-1733 fx

Dan, I spoke to my rigger again a little while ago. He said that he'd made his request by phone. He thinks that it was Heather to whom he spoke, and she agreed to send him the specs. He still doesn't have them, though.
I'll call tomorrow with his email address. That'll probably be the best way to make sure that it goes straight to him.

Actually, the only one I ever had a problem with was the pre-Sunpath one I had back when everyone else was jumping vectors BACK IN 1990! :D. Neither of my new javs has any "flap flappida" problems. I like Microns and very nearly bought one instead of my Odyssey, but the cut-in backstraps on the Jav got me. This after a decade of Vector usage. In a rig as small as I jump, the stiffness of a Micron isn't an issue anyway.
Chuck
My webpage HERE