fastmartin2002

reasons for skydiving deaths?

i know lately we having been hearing a great deal about jumpers going in and without question this is very tragic, but with each death hopefully there is a lesson learned. what r your opinions on the causes of most skydiving fatalities? it seems to me that a lot of people perish under fully functional canopies.

Canopy accidents I'd say are the most frequent injuries / deaths I'd say. It not surprising when you think about how fast canopies are going now. I was reading ti wasn't too long ago when a loading of 1.3 was considered "experimental" :o
Let's go play chicken with a planet !!

I think that ALL aspects canopy piloting need to be stressed more in the early stages. To me it is like you are programed to fly with certain steps that you must take. if you follow those steps you will land. I think most of us know that that is far from the way it really works.
Flying the small stuff is a rush, but it's so much better when "you can actualy fly and not be flown".
Just my take on things.
"Listen dude; if you’re into playin it close that’s cool, but were talkin major malfunction here" T Sparks
TF

Man, that stuff still gives me the willys.
seriously, it does teach canopy skills. just the site of feet through my lines... well it aint natural :-)
"Listen dude; if you’re into playin it close that’s cool, but we're talkin major malfunction here" T Sparks