prepheckt

What's the dumbest thing you've done while jumping

turning down wind on my level 7 in 15 mph wind. I sware he said turn right, lol, run tuck and roll, crash and burn. all on video, still hurts to watch it :) or my aff level 1, after opening i saw all the canopies, I thought, it's real busy there (over the landing area) I'll wait till air trafic clears, My 1st demo jump off the 17th green. Gawd I love this sport

You're supposed to look down?

Hmmm. Just two weeks or so ago 4 of us were getting out of the Cessna on one pass. I was last out and just followed out without checking. The second I got out I muttered "I am so gullible" :)At least I asked politely could they stop playing for a second before I landed on the driving range.

At least I asked politely could they stop playing for a second before I landed on the driving range.

You're lucky. We jump next to a skeet range.
Long ago on a rig far, far away (so long and so far it had two ripcords up front), the elastic on the pocket for the main ripcord was stretched so badly, it would not hold the ripcord in. Being ingenious, I used masking tape to hold it in. The jumpmaster asked if I thought that was a good idea. I told him I only used one wrap and it was the cheap stuff. He said okay.:o Believe it or not, absolutely nothing bad happened. Things use to be a lot different in the sport.
What's that old saying, "God watches out for fools and drunkards."?
flyhiB|

Never trust that green light thingy :) I was on a 8 way one of the rear divers, green light came on, ppl climbed out, ready, set, go....... as we left the otter I saw the dz way off the distance. The pilot had turn the green light on by mistake, 3 retired aff guys outside never looked down, lol we all pulled high and landed on the dz. NOTE to fellow skydivers, please us abort abort, not NO NO NO. Sounds to much like go go go lol. we've all be there, all done it....