gowlerk

Unknown softlink

A set of these came to me on a Swift Plus I bought. I won't be using them for that! They are very long, probably need to wrap three times. Does anyone recognize these, or are they home made?

Ken

[inline attachment_DSC_1156.jpg]
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I'd happily jump those on a main (assuming they were built to spec, which it sounds like they weren't), but I'd never jump anything other than PD on a reserve. I've been using home made slinks since I started jumping. They're made by a master rigger and I don't have the slightest concern with quality. Most people would be hard pressed to tell the different between a PD slink and the ones I use.

I'm not sure of the legalities of using them in places like the US on a TSO'd rig, but here in Canada, it's mostly free for all. I'd love to one day build my own complete container like several friends have done.
"When once you have tasted flight..."

It looks home made. That being said...........it looks long enough to go around 3 times, and looks like Spectra, so that's a plus too. Plenty strong - unless the tab pulls through. I would prefer the red tab to be a lot more stiff. The tab (or metal ring) on a soft link is what makes the end secure. In my opinion, this one could be stiffer. For a small amount of money a factory built soft link seems the way to go. Might be false economy to home build one if it lets go on opening.

gowlerk

A set of these came to me on a Swift Plus I bought. I won't be using them for that! They are very long, probably need to wrap three times. Does anyone recognize these, or are they home made?

Ken

Look's like russian made RusPara (http://www.ruspara-net.1gb.ru/products/6/41/). It is the previous version. They have to wrap 3 times. Personally i'd like to replace with PDSR. But nothing wrong with them, lots of accuracy rigs in russia have them inside.

Nice find! I hadn't see those before. I've been playing with a few different designs over the last few months.

Is that just binding tape? I like the way the taper at the bottom creates a smaller loop. The ones on my canopy right now have rings and do three wraps but I put one on my bridle attachment point and didn't like the extra ring floating around in there. Now I have a SLINK style link on it.

AntonRB

Look's like russian made RusPara (http://www.ruspara-net.1gb.ru/products/6/41/). It is the previous version. They have to wrap 3 times. Personally i'd like to replace with PDSR. But nothing wrong with them, lots of accuracy rigs in russia have them inside.

Yes, it's binding tape. The picture on the Russian web site shows two versions. One with yellow tabs and one with red. They appear to be sewn differently. I'm guessing the red one is meant for reserves. They were on a reserve when I got them.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.