jsaxton

Airspeed Tunnel Camp Experiences???

I haven't done a camp with Airspeed, but I think any kind of tunnel training is well worth the money. The few times I've been to the tunnel here in FL, it has made me really aware of my body position. And, the training is so much more intense in the tunnel when you don't have to worry about all the other things that come along with skydiving. If you have the dough, I say go for it!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Hi J,

I did an Airspeed Basic Tunnel camp in June with a couple of friends from the UK. We flew over just for the 3 days, and despite the hassle and cost of getting there, I would still say it's more than worth every penny.

There's something about the way they coach you...basically they have so much experience that they can suss out what you're doing wrong immediately and fix it. The tunnel lets you focus on specific issues and really drill them without worrying about the fact that you're plummeting towards the earth at 120mph as in a normal skydive. Also, you work in 2 minute 'flights' so you have longer to crack what you need to crack.

I learnt so much, my skydiving has improved far more quickly than it could have done just through normal jumping. They have a great programme and really know how to get the best out of you.

Be warned, the tunnel really pummels your body and if you can stretch daily before you go it will really help. I was knackered and sore after the first day so take some Deep Heat...

Incidentally I'm probably going to book another one around October time so might see you there..:)

Emma

Jessica did a nice write up of her Tunnel camp from this spring in the Safety area. Search there for it. I know shes talking about making another trip since she learned and enjoyed it so much,
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Eliana happened to be in the tunnel last weekend with relatives (I think) when I was there. She is SO totally awesome in there!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Hmm, can't reply to original post.

Anyhow, yeah, I f***ing loved tunnel camp. Here's the writeup Phree was talking about.

Emma's right -- after my first day in the tunnel, which was 20 minutes of flying, I was about dead. Then I had to drag my ass out of bed and do evening tunnel time. I was popping a LOT of Aleve.
Skydiving is for cool people only

Awesome awesome awesome!

LOL...and Emma and I spent one night together, too! LOL

my little icon is a pic of me in the tunnel, doing a kick-ass vertical transition (only after practicing bad ones where I fell to the grate about a thousand times).

The guys and gal are not only shit-hot skydivers, they are some of the nicest people in skydiving. No skygoddishness there at all. They have a really good curriculum, and it's set up really well.

Plus, you'll end up buying extra time (you MUST buy extra time), which gives you more freedom to practice things you learned or just have fun, whatever.

One suggestion, you may want to start stretching NOW, just to minimize the pain as much as you can!
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!