hohonukai

Blazin' Circus

During 4th of July, gravity and I spent a couple of days watching Matt Hoffman, Fabiola Da Silva, Chris Gentry, and Eito and Takeshi Yasutoko here. Now it's like that car commercial, where the guy's got a new car on his mind and it literally keeps growing on his head. I want a portable ramp that will fit in my trunk. And I've seen them online, but geez, so expensive. I'd rather build my own. Just a little launch ramp. So, does anyone have advice on building it? Materials to use, etc? I'll be using inline skates. But, I don't mind if friends use it with their skateboards. Maybe use particle board and have Home Depot cut it for me?

Hmm... how about jumping with inline skates on? Instead of pond swooping or hook turning, you'd be looking for large parking lots on your descent.

When you find a large concrete/asphalt square on the ground... surf it with the skates... downwind! B| (no, I wouldn't be the one doing it)

I take it you have'nt watched any of the old WFFC videos.... this is on a few of them. Last year and the swooping and landing on the ATV was cool too.

As for the ramp... if you make it your self make sure there is no edge where it meets the ground. A lip of only a bit is enought to knock balence off and lead to tumbles.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Hmm... how about jumping with inline skates on? Instead of pond swooping or hook turning, you'd be looking for large parking lots on your descent.

When you find a large concrete/asphalt square on the ground... surf it with the skates... downwind! (no, I wouldn't be the one doing it)

baby steps..think baby steps. :D lmao. That would be a blazin' circus if I tried it. I'd surely do myself harm.

As for the ramp... if you make it your self make sure there is no edge where it meets the ground. A lip of only a bit is enought to knock balence off and lead to tumbles.

Good point! Thanks. :)

Young lady, does your mother know of your plans?

Ssshhhh. hehehe. Hey, at least I told her about the tattoo. She handled that one pretty well. ;)