flyhi

Skydiving in Cozumel?

Have a shot at some freetime in Cozumel in the near future and was wondering if anyone knew if there was a DZ there or not. Searched under the "Dropzones" menu, but, and this is where it gets real strange, I could not understand a word written about any of the dropzones listed there.

Also, will have to rent gear, so any info along those lines is appreciated.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

There is a DZ in Playa del Carmen. The owner is a guy by the name of Jerry. He is a cool guy and a very good skydiver. As you can imagine, most of their jumps are tandems (tourists!... go figure!!!)

Logon to [url]www.skydivecancun.com you will find the info you need right there.

There is a DZ in Playa del Carmen. The owner is a guy by the name of Jerry. He is a cool guy and a very good skydiver. As you can imagine, most of their jumps are tandems (tourists!... go figure!!!)

I went there in January of '01 and was told the ONLY skydiving they allow in Playa was Tandems.
Maybe not the same operation, but I don't imagine there could be too many DZs in Playa. (Playa Del Carmen is where the main ferry to Cozumel hits mainland Mexico)

milo

(edited for punctuation)

I was there in Feb 2001 and jumping was no problem. You have an incomplete profile. How many jumps did you have when you were there. Could that have been a factor?

Yes, my low # of jumps could have been a factor. I was specifically told that ONLY tandem jumping was allowed.

I am glad you posted your experience, Playa Del Carmen is an awesome place to visit and I was very disappointed to think I might never get to jump there.

What type of plane do they have, where is the dz, and what were the costs?

(I went to an office just south of the main pier in a mall that advertised skydiving jumps, I realize now I was probably just talking to an agent or affiliate and not someone directly connected to the dz)

milo

Nope, you were at the DZ. Thats how they get business for tandems. The airport is across the street. I think it was $35.00 for a jump. The reason I asked about your jump numbers is you land on the beach and you gotta have your sheet together because of the winds and crowded beach. I wouldn't recommend jumping there to anyone with less than a "C" license who isn't a decent canopy pilot.