Rdutch

windows help?

Right click on your Start button in the left hand corner. Go to Open. Double click on Programs. Double click on Startup. Your startup folder is where to put programs to start up when logging in. It may vary slightly depending on operating system. What operating system are you using?

Theres nothing in my startup folder. I had this problem once before with an old antivirus program I deleted the wrong way and windows tried to run it everytime I started but it wasnt there. Any more ideas?

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

With Windows NT 4.0 workstation, Windows 2000 Pro, and Windows XP, there is also an Open All Users if you right click on the Start button. Then double click on Programs. Double Click on the Startup folder. Anything there?

What program keeps starting up that you'd like to cease fire on? Maybe you can change your preferences in the program itself.

Hey all you tec's out there. How do I get my computer to stop running a certain program at startup?

There's also a utility floating around called Startup Manager you can do a search for. It allows you to enable and disable all of the programs that automatically run when you boot up.
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

It depends on the version of WIN

All But 95 and 2K
use this
Start>Run>MSconfig
go to the startup tab and remove the program from the list.
Click OK and when the computer restarts choose to not show this message again.

FOR 95 and 2K

Use this
Start>Run>REGEDIT
HKEY LOCAL MACHINE
SOFTWARE
MICROSOFT
WINDOWS
CURRENT VERSION
RUN
on the right hand side remove the program

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

How do I get my computer to stop running a certain program at startup?

Format.

B|
(the real answers have already been said so I had to say something stupid/sarcastic, I couldn't help myself.);)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

First off the "msconfig" works good as long as you know what your doing.......the easier example would be to look in the program that you want to stop from running at start up, most programs have an option to run at start up.....and since they want you to use the program the default setting is on run at start up. Most internet progarms i.e. ICQ and real player type programs are like this...what program is it???

" I'm scared sarge!" [unsure] ................................. "We're all scared son" >:(