moodyskydiver

(another) AFF jump for me!

Well, for those of you wondering how I'm doin' with my AFF(ISP) its goin good.

This past Saturday, I did AFF 5. Things went great! Had fun playin in free fall with my JM(chasin him turning around me LOL). Did my jump objectives and worked on my leg position(had lazy legs on my last jump..needed more positive pressure.)But things are cool now.

Got under canopy..beautiful! Started playing with my canopy,working on canopy control. Started gettin ready for my landing pattern...well,I kept listening for ground contact from the radio on my chest strap. All I heard was SCREECH!!!!!! Oh great! No radio help! I'm all alone. AHHHH!!! Thank God I briefed with my JM before I hopped outta the plane.(the winds had been screwy). Well, I set things up and started my groove; adjusted little things as I went along and played it by ear. I came in sliding (better a brusied butt than a broke ankle LOL) but I know I coulda stood it up if I had tried.;)

I looked over at my JM told him the radio hadn't worked. He said he couldnt tell b/c I had done everything awsome! (yeah me!!!:)So now its on to better things! Can't wait for my next jump. Woohoo!!!B|B|B|

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

Babe, get used to it: a radio is the funny device that makes noises in your car. Canopies do not have radios as a standard feature. You need to order them extra.;) Anyway, great job on staying unhurt and happy:)

My, my, my, said the spider to the fly

jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

I want XM in my canopy...hehe

Yeah, she did great, nice landing and all. MUCH better then the other chick we had out on Sunday who was doing her first solo off of AFP: "I didn't flair when you said to start flairing because the altimeter still said 100 feet..." Hence her no flair landing, although she wasn't hurt due to the HUGE student canopy we put her under.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I know what you mean, I have seen the likes. We had one of our country's best who used to jump S/L round canopies in the service. On AFF 1 he refused to flare. Yuo should have seen itB|. First the instructor started screaming over the radio, then we all on the deck shouted FLARE. Our esteemed collegue did not notice the diffrent shape of the canopy, thought himself immortalB|. All he got was a chopper ride to the VA hospital and a broken ankle. Next time he will know to listen. It is however sad that some people refuse to listen to those who have eons more of experience. Then again I suppose you can have it the easy way and you can have it the hard way.

My, my, my, said the spider to the fly

jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

Oh Lord! I'm glad I wasn't there to see it!:o But everything was ok and she wasn't hurt,so thats the good thing.

But thanks for the compliment,Dave! I'm alot happier with my performance on this jump rather than my last jump(even though it wasn't bad either).

I cant wait for AOT! PARTY!!!!!!B|B|

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."