rendezvous

Skydiving and medical insurance

but at least it is available for everybody....even those who only think about themselves..............

If that last comment was directed at me...I guess you missed the first sentence of my post: "We definitely need some sort of program for those who can't afford or get insurance through their employer. " :|

But, those less fortunate people in Canada can actually get some health care without going bankrupt, or maybe even being refused. Health care is great in the US for those who can afford it, it is downright terrible for those whoc annot. Health care in Canada maybe a notch below that level, but at least it is available for everybody....even those who only think about themselves..............

Contrary to world popular belief, no one in the US goes without health care. BUT- you must go to the hospital ER and wait your turn. Will you get a heart transplant? OK- maybe not. But you will get stiched up, patched up, casted up and medicated appropriately. Whatever you can pay, you pay. Whatever you can't pay is taken care of by surcharges to insurance companies that are passed on to the policy holders. So, the ones who can pay do end up paying.

As far as national health care, I cannot throw my support in that direction. No, I'm not for killing kids, old people, or the homeless. Government (and ours in particular) just cannot do anything efficiently. National health care would become another Social Security sucking up another huge chunk of your paycheck- getting bigger and more bloated every year.