devildog

Viso II Q

I stuck my analog on a chest mount for when I'm in my wingsuit, but I'm looking at getting something else for my hand / wrist. I like having something there when I'm flying belly as its a faster check. Part of me is leaning to an altitrack, as I do like how fast the clock face processes, brain wise, and I really like knowing what my minimum speed was as I work on my fall rate as well as a detailed logbook. That being said, I'm also thinking about something like a Viso II to use to get to know my canopy's characteristics better. I'm not sure, however, if the Viso II I can pull the minimum speed off of, and I'm not sure how helpful it (or another digital) would really be as I have no real interest in swooping.

Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

Viso is a dedicated swooping altimeter. Isn't really a great logger, but logs enough for me not to have fill in the logbook right away(freefall time, jump number, time, max speed in freefall and under canopy, the latter one being more useful I think). If you wan't a logger, get an altitrack or N3. If you have no interest in swooping, i'd take altitrack.

jurgencamps

I like my viso, but the neputune (N2, I have no experience with the N3) gives you a little more feedback. Under canopy it also gives you your rate of descend, for ex. 39 ft per sec.

The visio 2 *can* give you your rate of descent, I've done it a few times to see how much flaring affects the rate of descent, however it'll be in mph (imperial) or km/h (metric).