Scratch

The Diary of Anne Frank

You are suggesting that it is better to hide in a basement? I never did understand how the French and other countries fall to enemy forces with little or no resistance.
By the way, what is the French word for surrender?

Ever see Red Dawn? If I was driving my car to the airport and saw a whole bunch of "Communist" paratroopers invading, I would turn around, grab my AR-15, and defend my country. But I guess it is a lot easier for France to surrender and then wait for the American and British forces to do the work for them. If I had a 14-year-old daughter, I would hope that she had the initiative to defend herself than to hide and await death...

------------------------------------------
Getting banned isn't that bad......

If I had a 14-year-old daughter, I would hope that she had the initiative to defend herself than to hide and await death...

If I had a 14 year old daughter I would prefer her to hide and hope rather than pull off one or two meaningless shots which would result in her being caught, beaten, gangbanged, tortured and finally killed.

Have you seen war up close? Do you understand what fear and helplessnes can do to people.
Have you any idea what a 'civilised' man is capable of when he gets the enemy at his feet and the fear and adrenaline is still pumping...........
My baby will stay in the attic thank you very much.

One or two meaningless shots? I hope she would pick up something other than a blackpowder musketloader... I haven't been in war, never seen it up close... But I know that I would rather be dead by trying than live in a fascist or communist territory...

------------------------------------------
Getting banned isn't that bad......

Tough to judge in peacetime, but my S&W 5906 and my dear self would not be hiding in any attic. More than enough members of my family did the same during WWII. Both grandfathers survived luckily, their brothers and cousins (on both sides did not) but they died free people fighting their oppressors with guns in their hands and boots on their legs.
Live fast, die hard and with your boots on!
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

If I was driving my car to the airport and saw a whole bunch of "Communist" paratroopers invading, I would turn around, grab my AR-15, and defend my country.

Hey Peter,

have you ever been outkside the US? Could you possibly imagine that not every culture is like the US culture? Do you have any clue of the history behind the vents?

As big of a shock it might seem to you, guns are not easily obtained in many otehr countries. I know that you americans love your firearms and I will not get into a discussion about that. But in Holland, during the 40's very veyr few families had weapens and those that were around were specifically for hunting. Not assualt type weapens. Secondly, Holland was a neutral country at the start of WWII, as it was during WWI when it was not invaded. Just like Switserland, Holland was not expected to be invaded. Just like the Americans never saw 9/11 coming...not in their own country......

Ohhh and btw Anne Frank was not french, nor did she ever hide in France.....

Damn, some people can be ignorant....

Damn, some people can be ignorant....

Agreed! Suggesting AnneFrank should've tried to fight the Germans proves that quite a few people are completely clueless!!!

But hey.. it's a memorial day, hence the fierce (over)reactions.. probably.. I hope.

No. It was merely an observation. If I say that the Nazis were efficient at killing Jews, I'm not lieing, but that doesn't mean I'm promoting what they did or saying that the next time someone wants to commit genocide, that they should take a page out of the Nazis book, does it? Think!

And I still grieve for my friends Grandfather who died in Auschwitz...falling of a guard tower.;) You pompous guy crack me up. Give me ONE reason why she did not resist and, please don't give me the gun controll Bull Shit. It was war. My Dad had guns and handgranades in his dresser till the late '50s. And he was 6 when the war ended. Guns were available in abundance. The economies of the entire world were producing only weapons. There was nothing more easily available than guns. Unless you were the Dutch resistance - it did not function because the Germans outlawd itB|
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275