FLsurfer

Good DZ's in TN

Hey everybody,
I'm new to the forum but I've been skydiving 4 years with just under 300 jumps. I'll be in western Tennessee from 9/21 - 9/30 and was wondering which DZ you guys would recommend. I do have the DZ directory but I'd like to hear anyone's input.
Thanks in advance,
FLsurfer

western Tennessee from 9/21 - 9/30

I'd recommend West Tennessee, then. I don't know if Mike Mullins will be in town that weekend but even if he isn't, it's a great dz with great people, landing area, etc. And if you have never jumped a Cessna 195 it's a hoot!

-Sandy

The King Air is scheduled to be at West TN Skydiving on both weekends you will be in the area. Unfortunately, it is currently in a bunch of pieces getting some required maintenance done. I do not know all the details, but the maintenance that was required involved taking the wings off, and there was a problem getting the correct parts. This resulted in no King Air for the last two weekends. You might PM jmiracl to see if she knows whether the KA will be flying while you are in town.

Even if it is not, come out and jump the C195.

BMcD...

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

Thanks everybody! Now for one more question. I already posted this on a BASE board but does anyone know of any locals in the area that BASE jump. I'd like to follow BASE protocol and contact them first before I start looking for objects on my own when I'm up there and if anyone comes down to my area I'd be happy to repay the favor.

Problems just be opportunities in der workin' clothes.

DO NOT Jump the Antenna that is closest to the DZ.

VERY Dangerous. I don't base but the guys who do and have climbed it said there is only one direction to jump off it and you get about 50/50 chance of making it in that direction. Any other direction decreases your odds greatly.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.