palejo

Icon risers sharp edges

I have a set of 19" Icon risers, there are some sharp edges around the top toggle keeper and around the lower part of the front riser loops that are fraying the lower control lines in my Pilot (the lower controls lines in Pilots are made of dracon). This hard edges happen in the manufacturing process when they hot cut the webbing and burn the end threads after sewing. Any ideas or mods to remove or cover the sharp edges? I've been thinking in covering it with black gaffer tape.
Alejandro
B27585

Have you called the manufacturer to ask their advice?

Yes, I did. They say to take that part of the riser and rub it against a stronger fabric, like a stronger piece of webbing, and the sharpness will wear out. Another tip they game me was scissor cutting any excess of melted material that goes past the outer edge of the riser being very careful of not cutting into the webbing.
I also wanted to know if some has experienced this with the icon risers or with any other risers and how they solved the problem.
Alejandro
B27585

Is this all new equipment? Did you purchase it all together or is it pieced together from all over?

Either way, I'd be asking the mfg to send me a demo canopy ON risers, as well as a shipping label so I could send the canopy and risers that are damaged back... They should be fixing that stuff for free and returning it on them.

The band-aid fix they've given you doesn't make up for the fact that their poorly manufactured equipment is damaging your gear. If they're not willing to support the product that they manufactured and sold you, get rid of it and buy gear from a manufacturer that will.