Rhonda66

I soloed

YAY for you, Rhonda!

Was it tons o' fun? I've never done that...

(O.K., I'm a dork. I read that as solo-ing from a 182....not solo-ing IN a 152...and so, because of that, I have to change my original response...)

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I hope to get the PPL in the spring - just starting cross country's now. I wanted to fly out to Orange, MA to make a jump at Jumptown while I'm there for one of them, but it's only 48 miles - go figure!

The 152 is a lot of fun. I thought about switching to the 172's and my CFI talked me out of it - he said it would be a waste of money at this point because I'd only need a couple of hours to get checked out in the 172 anyway...

I started out just doing it for fun, but I really would like to go for commercial now...If I knew that I would love flying so much back when I was 18 or so, I think I would have taken out loans and gone straight for the airlines. For the most part it will be just for fun even if I do get my commercial, but I'd at least like to be able to fly jumpers someday...B|

Rhonda
PP ASEL

Your instructor was right, the 172 would just be an expensive novelty for you. But than again, what the hell??? I sure had fun in the BRAND SPANKIN NEW Skyhawk that I got checked out in. I tell you what, the "new car smell" don't have nothn' on "New airplane smell!!!"

As a side note - I HIGHLY recommend Tony Kern's "Redifining Airmanship". I personally believe this book should be REQUIRED reading for anybody that puts their hands on the controls of an aircraft.

Congrats. I did most of my flight training not too far from there in Westfield, MA. I've flown to Orange a few times. I just love the view of the Quabin Resevoir when you approach from the south. Just wait till you combine flying and skydiving by flying yourself to the DZ and making a few jumps. Now THATS fun!

By the way, I have most of my flight time in 172s, but recently I got checked out in a 152. I actually prefer the 152 unless I'm carrying more than one passenger or stuff like rigs. As soon as my flying club gets me a copy of their 152's key, I'll be doing most of my flying in it.

Dave