husam

PLEASE HELP anyone

Hi all

I have this consistent problem with openings and I wanted to if any one can give me a tip or 2,
:S
I jumped today once and the opening was so hard that it left me twisting after it completed.
The weather here in Riyadh is dry, and the altitude we exit from is less than 8000 above ground level.

I really have a huge neck pain now; I can't jump while my neck is hurting like this.

Please give me any tip regarding my problem; I don't know is it the packing or the position when opening or is it the dry whether? B|[:/][:/][:/]

Ready - Set - Go

What type of canopy are you jumping?

You can try rolling the tail tighter, or rolling the nose first then packing then rolling the tail tight and all the way untill you reach the canopy. You can try a larger slider if you have one there. You can also have your rigger transform your slider to a pocket slider if they know how. Also try putting tighter rubber bands on it and making slightly longer line stowes.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I've jumped one of those canopies before. I would reccomend flat packing it and rolling the nose past the b-lines. The slider change and rubber bands are also great ideas. I don't know anyone who hasn't been smacked by one of these before. Be sure that the slider is tucked in good, you don't want it to come loose.

Hi
I jumped a pd190 for a few jumps. Mine had a hole cut in the slider and the openings were inconsistent a first, and it gave me a good wipping a couple of times:S. I assume you are propacking. When packing make sure to do a good job on arranging all the lines and skirts and keep it symetric. Take care positioning the slider in a good X so it will slow things down. Roll the four nose cells at each side of the center cell. If you roll them thight it will also slow things down.
Take care when you pull the tail round to close the pack job, and don't roll it to much. You could end up messing up the the pack job, and possible make a line over.
One technic that really slow things down is to put each of the four nose cells and put them into the front cell. Beware that the canopy can stream for quite a while when doing this, and I've been told it can cause damage to the canopy. This was what I did on mine and it gave me great opening.
Before you try any of these things, get advice from someone you know is a good packer. (A friendly packer at the dz perhaps). Get him/her to watch how you pack, and they can probably give you advice how to slow down the openings and other see where you make mistakes.
Now, get in a hot bathtub and relax that neck...hope it gets better soon :)btw, I'm not an experienced packer or jumper. This is only my experiences from advices and the little practise I've had myself...blue skies!

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.