JeffGordon

Just talked to my accountant about my 401(k)

Serious? Why not keep saving?

Ummm...Since the beginning of 2000, my 401k is down 74.7%. So, doing the math, if I would have used the money to buy a new rig then, and sold it now, I'd still be in a better spot than my 401k...But I'm buying more shares now than then so hopefully they start going up instead of down. Why worry now though. Not going to retire for another 30+ years...
-----
~~~Michael

WFFC: you're right. If you're under 45, you don't need to worry one bit about the current bear market. Remember: you don't lose or gain any money until you actually cash out. think of all those young f&*kers who were internet millionaires on paper, and bought fancy cars etc, but didn't cash out in time & wound up moving back into their parents basements & working at Starbucks. It's so darn sad I can hardly keep from laughing until my Starbucks ice tea comes out my nose.B|

With stock prices low, that means you're buying more shares per dollar. It's actually good for us 401K holders if stock prices are low right now. (as long as they go back up some day)

Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Indeed.

I've been reading the quaterly statements on my 401k and realize I lost nearly all the money contributed this quarter, On Paper.

But it is merely the value of the stock dropping. In 40 years I think I'll be very happy I bought stock cheaply now.B|

Ken

"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken