deaffreeflyer

Would u try a bungee jump?

I'm really not sure anymore... a couple of years ago definetly but now i ain't sure.

Its really weird... i used to rock climb and never had a problem with heights at all but a while ago was on this massive bridge kinda viewing platform thing...say 30 meters off the ground and it was all wiggy... the only way i can figure it is skydiving has made me scared of LITTLE heights but i'm fine with BIG ones...go figure :D

I have no intention to bungee. I'd rather enjoy a 40 second fall then a 2 second fall...well unless I happen to win a jump like JT maybe then I'd go...no I wouldn't I sell that free Bungee jump to a friend and do a skydive or two w/ the money I made from my friend. Capitalism gotta love;)

Have not bungy jumped but would imagine that the ground rush would be insane - especially if you asked to touch the water.

However, NO REAL RISK + NO SKILL = the equivalent of an amusement park ride IMHO.

Regarding the risk involved, I have heard of the odd person being blinded, but that would appear to be extremely rare. The only real risk is if the people running the show incorrectly set the length of the bungy cord given your weight and you hit the ground at pace before the recoil.

Apparently when bungy first started you could walk into a toy store and buy a bungy cord. This was quickly stopped due to injuries - as mentioned above, it does require some 'skill' and experience to correctly set the length of the cord given a person's weight and the distance from the jump point to the ground.

"First we gave up giving, and then we gave up living, and replaced it with reality TV" - Seth Lester

The only thing worse than a cold toilet seat is a warm toilet seat.

Did it once, but didn't like the ground rush. Skydiving is lots more fun. I also did the big swing in Orlando. That was more fun than the bungee maybe because I felt more secure?

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Did it once, but didn't like the ground rush. Skydiving is lots more fun. I also did the big swing in Orlando. That was more fun than the bungee maybe because I felt more secure?

Lisa, I did the big swing here in Columbia at the state fair but it was called the Sky Coaster, lots of fun. As to Bungee Jumping, show me the orginization that dictates when a bungee cord should be replaced and has issued a set of their own BSR's, then will I consider it. Compared to bungee, skydiving is extremely safe....hell, compared to driving a car, skydiving is extremely safe

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

I've done it three times a long time ago. I loved it every time. I also like the reverse bungee and the swing thing. But, I'm really into all those amusement rides, roller coasters and such!

I probably wouldn't do it right now, unles I got a great deal, like free, because all my money goes torwards that next jump!

Danielle

It's a little seat thing attached by bungee cords on both sides they stretch the cords out and then catapult you into the sky, then you just bounce and flip until they lower you back down. Pretty cool.

I was there one time when business was slow, so they used myself and a friend on it to try and draw in business. I think we went like five times in a row without getting off, it kind of got old. But, it was free!

Danielle

I guess I'd be willing to try it, but I'm not going to go look for it. More then likely if I was going to do it, it'd have to be on a weekend, but that would mean not being at the DZ and that would suck.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yup....I would definitely bungee. I've wanted to for a while. I haven't been anywhere yet that does it but once I do, I will definitely do it. Looks like fun to me; wouldn't be a regular thing though as I'd rather spend my money skydiving.

Speaking of bungee...did anyone see on Ripley's when the girl bungeed w/ some super-strong man holding the other end? The bungee cord wasn't attached to anything, this dude just held on to the other end and she went for it. They pysched the viewers out by doing a test run w/ a test weight and the guy dropped it. Even after that, the girl was still ready to go. It was cool to watch;)

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I am SO the opposite!

Bungee jumping scares me to death! I would NEVER attempt it; not because it's boring... but because I am chicken shit!!!

:o

I think my justification for my fear is all those RealTV clips of the bungee jumping gone wrong and hearing people scream... that just freaks me out to no end... as well as seeing videos of hot air baloons exploding... that was also not cool. B|

Also did the Hackett bungy in Vegas.

That was by far the most terrified I've been doing something.

This may seem weird to people, but as far as fear goes, I was most scared (by a large margin) on my bungy jump, followed by my first skydive, then my first BASE jump.

Now perhaps this is due to the order that I did each... bungy first, skydiving second, BASE third. Since I had sort of gotten past that initial falling thing with bungy, skydiving wasn't quite so scary. By the time I had gotten around to BASE, I had had a parachute open just fine for me about 425 times. Plus I was jumping the bridge so it was pretty low pressure.

My second BASE jump, from an antenna, was definitely scarier than the bridge jump.

Having done all 3, I'd like to do a bungy jump again just to see if it's still scary. I'm thinking it won't be.

Skydiving and BASE are just fine with me. Skydiving for the fun, BASE for the rush. ;)

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Dove, which skycoaster did you do? I worked at the World's Largest SkyCoaster for a couple months so I could get free tunnel time (SkyVenture and SkyCoaster are owned by the same company) so I used to fly for free in the tunnel every week. When I worked there, we were the test dummies to make sure it "worked OK" before we opened for the day. Ha ha ha. We'd do funky things to it and make it more fun. I used to put the video "First BASE" in the player all the time and when potential customers would come in they'd ask, "What's that?" and I'd reply, "That's what you're doing today...Here's your waiver so we're not liable for any injury or death." (Just joking around of course) Ha ha ha.

I only worked there a couple months...enough to rack up some good tunnel time. I didn't care for the job much, but I could do my homework while I worked and it was easy so what more could you ask for?;)

did you see the one on ripley's believe it or not where the guy bungeed then cut the cable when it reached it's stretch limit, just before it sent him back up in the air, and walked away from it?

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

Yea, I used to go w/ little girls all the time. there's no size requirement but there is a weight requirement and the parent's often chicken out so I'd go w/ little girls or boys who wanted to go. I LOVED doing that. This one cute-as-hell little 6-year-old held my arm so tight all the way up. I asked her if she was excited and she had a big smile on her face and said quietly, "Yeesss"...ha ha ha. She was so cute and so brave. Much braver than the chicken-shits on the ground!;)

Yea, that's what I really loved about it, but be prepared to entertain yourself around a bunch of young idiotic high school boys. That's basically who worked there except me. Like I said, I did it for the free tunnel time, free test jumps, f*cking w/ customers (making them think they were going to BASE) and most of all, the kids. I LOVE kids (but only when I can give them back when I'm done;))

Did that many years ago and loved it. Would be interesting to try now that I have begun skydiving. It felt really weird. My body believed it was going to die, while the my concious part of my brain did not.

It felt safer than the first skydive because I were physically attache with a bunge cord, while skydiving leave you uup in the thin air. I had some doubts if flying parachutes really were safe. I figured it wasn't and just had to try :D

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.