Enrique

Wind tunnel

PM-ed you on the hotel thing.

I was just there at the end of October, great time, awesome coaches and excellent facility.

On the splitting time, one of my fellow camp-mates was able to make arrangement for sharing some time with a few other folks on short notice, you may have the same luck if no one volunteers right away.

Did I mention how great that place is, how awesome the coaches are? :D

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Wind tunnel training? It’s about time – you suck! ;)

That's ver funny, Phil, specially coming from someone who's idea of RW is spining on his back in the middle of the formation. (just kidding my friend) ;). Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving.

I'm very much agreed. The place across the street is called the Riande Continental Plaza Hotel. The rooms are no-frills and they have hot running water (think Spanish-version 1960s Days Inn) Do a search on the internet and you'll find the rest of their info. They give fantastic discounts for skydivers if you mention the wind tunnel. And there's a great chinese restaurant between the hotel and the tunnel. I recommend the pot stickers.

And since I only live 3 miles away, I'll be happy to take any unused tunnel time off your hands!

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal

I was wondering, with food, travel and camp(?plus extras in the tunnel?) What did it cost?
I'm interested but, I like having complete idea of how much money to set aside for things well in advance.

I was wondering, with food, travel and camp(?plus extras in the tunnel?) What did it cost?
I'm interested but, I like having complete idea of how much money to set aside for things well in advance.

the best answer to that is.... depends. Right now the best bang for your buck is an NSL tunnel camp (details on their site).

depends on how much time you plan on doing in the tunnel.

each hour is $600 (or $525 before 5pm), 1/2 hr is $300, if you want more #s, email me. If you're doing a "camp" per se, it's whatever set rate they have. Camp info can be found on www.skyventure.com.

Hotel is less than $40/night at the Riande....close to that at Best Western Movieland. Broadway pizza is cheap if you like pizza, and that's about it.

arlo

depends on how much time you plan on doing in the tunnel.

each hour is $600 (or $525 before 5pm), 1/2 hr is $300, if you want more #s, email me. If you're doing a "camp" per se, it's whatever set rate they have. Camp info can be found on www.skyventure.com.

Hotel is less than $40/night at the Riande....close to that at Best Western Movieland. Broadway pizza is cheap if you like pizza, and that's about it.

arlo

the chinese place isn't so bad, and there's a dunkin donuts withing walking distance, there's some really good sushi down I drive a bit too.... :)

oooh yeah, I have no idea why I said "that's about it." Trey Yuen )or whatever the hell it's called) has good crab rangoon. If you REALLY wanna splurge, go to Charley's Steakhouse. good stuff. It's not Peter Lugers, but its pretty damn good.
...and as you said, Dunkin Donuts. Chocolate cream-filled with chocolate frosting. yummmmmmmmmm.

arlo:ph34r:
p.s. did I say they have chocolate?