quade

You have a dream about a skydiving buddy. In the dream your friend craters. Do you . . .

Just in case you're wondering -- yes. Woke me up screaming.

In the dream this friend is wearing a BirdMan suit and is getting a ground tow. It's working for a few hundred feet or so, but then the cable snaps and he craters in just a couple of hundred feet away from us.

What's really interesting is that I've never seen him wearing a BirdMan suit, I hadn't seen him this weekend, nobody I was with talked about a stunt like this all weekend. I have no freekin' clue where this dream came from.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

No way I would want to know if someone had a bounce dream about me. I don't need that crap in my head. And some people are real superstitious and worried about jynx's and stuff. Sucks for you though - I hate those dreams! [:/]

Fall in dove.

BTDT ... at Lost Prairie this year ... woke up after dreaming my friend went in ... then, the next day we jumped the DC-3 ... got under canopy and couldn't find his ANYWHERE in the air ... talk about getting worried ... got to the ground and immediately scanned the sky ... BIG sigh of relief when I found his canopy. It turned out he was almost straight above me while I was making turns with my head on a swivel ... had a shorter track, and a lot less snivel than I'd had .. said he watched me wondering if I was ever gonna totally inflate ...
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

on a related note,

i dreamed this morning that there was a full-service brothel on the dz. :o no shit, there i was in a converted set of team rooms, eyeballing a lineup of hot young-and-willin's and pondering how much dough i had on my account. :)

do i:

a. keep it to myself (and hope for the dream to recur),
b. engage our dzo with a new 'idea', or
c. act on this dream as a sign that i need to get laid

???

steve

on a related note,

i dreamed this morning that there was a full-service brothel on the dz. :o no shit, there i was in a converted set of team rooms, eyeballing a lineup of hot young-and-willin's and pondering how much dough i had on my account. :)

do i:

a. keep it to myself (and hope for the dream to recur),
b. engage our dzo with a new 'idea', or
c. act on this dream as a sign that i need to get laid

???

steve

Try to get to sleep earlier. I hate waking up in the middle. ;)

Quade,
You could always do what I did, like telling someone of this god awful dream of their death, even though you didn't really dream it, and then sit back and see what kind of reaction they had. I mean it's not always easy to keep yourself entertained. Some times it takes imagination. Steve1

i would tell him because my buddy jason broke his back, and there was a guy had a dream with somthing like that happening to my buddy (jason). the dream was they saw jason laying in a field (like he was after he broke his back) but they weren't sure if he was hurt in the dream or if he was just laying there. and then then the jason had a dream that he had a cutway. and before jason went up, his pack job went to hell as he put it in the bag, and he look at me and said "should i redo it," and i said "oh hell you never redo it, just shove it in the bag"

well jason had a cutaway, then on landing he broke his back under his piece of crap reserve that he had. when it stalled at half brakes.

karma is a freaky thing.

later

What's really interesting is that I've never seen him wearing a BirdMan suit, I hadn't seen him this weekend, nobody I was with talked about a stunt like this all weekend. I have no freekin' clue where this dream came from

That's what our imagination does, right? Create things from almost nothing? May I ask who it was?

I actually had a dream last night that I was in a spin and about to go in and I woke up and sat straight up in bed. Don't know if I yelled when I woke up, but....

This I know was from my small scare I had Saturday, a stuck brake toggle that I had to reach over with the other hand to get out, didn't clear it until 1400.... :|
We were never feeling bored because we were never being boring.
-Zelda Fitzgerald

Funny you should ask this. I have had bounce dreams about myself and buddies...one came true. I had a dream about a buddy of mine having a line over on a BASE jump. Last monday night he did :o . The weird part is in the dream he just gets up after pounding into the ground. Last monday when I got to him (it took me a couple of seconds as I kept triping on my bridle) he was just standing there looking at the canopy. He was totally fine, just a little sore.

BASE 853

What are you going to beat me to?

Well, I certainly don't want you telling ****** that I had a dream about him making a smoking hole in the ground. That's just not too cool. I'd much rather explain it to him and tell him the gruesome details.

And don't you have to drink beer to be able to laugh over it?

Did ya buy me a beer? I'll accept most major Bomb Shelter brands. ;)
quade -

Well, I certainly don't want you telling ****** that I had a dream about him making a smoking hole in the ground. That's just not too cool. I'd much rather explain it to him and tell him the gruesome details.

I'm not THAT lame that I'd actually tell the guy!
*Hmm, a 6 letter named guy....that only leaves maybe 20 skydivers that I know.*

Did ya buy me a beer? I'll accept most major Bomb Shelter brands. ;)***

Well, I'll just have to do that, remind me this weekend....you will finally be at Perris again, won't you? I'll call it my first "dream in which I was about to burn in but woke up" beer. :P
-Zelda Fitzgerald

*Hmm, a 6 letter named guy....that only leaves maybe 20 skydivers that I know.*

Sorry Skeie, no clues there. I just typed some "*s" at random.

Speaking of beer . . . shouldn't you be bringing a case this weekend? (Something about a jump ending in double zeros.)
quade -

Speaking of beer . . . shouldn't you be bringing a case this weekend? (Something about a jump ending in double zeros.)

Double zeros? Aren't you a little slow to call me on that? I'm at 128 already, and you weren't even there for that other one....but I've already got a case, is Sam Adams okay with you?
-Zelda Fitzgerald

Just in case you're wondering -- yes. Woke me up screaming.

my friend had a dream that i rode malfunction to the ground but was fine. he told
to be careful w/o any details. i had a mal and cut it away that day and he told me
the whole story afterwards. true story :)

stan.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

just had to post to move the thread from number 22 to 23 ...........

o.k.? cool....

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

in response to----No way I would want to know if someone had a bounce dream about me. I don't need that crap in my head. And some people are real superstitious and worried about jynx's and stuff. Sucks for you though - I hate those dreams!
------------------------------------------------------

Word up! I cannot stand it when people tell you about their dreams that you get hurt or die. F*ck them! I think that those dreams are the cause of some sort of worry or fear that I personally like to live without.

I travel the land, Work in the ocean, Play in the sky