freebird

absent minded

. I do not want to be with somone that can not stand me. I ahve been with someone like that and I told them goodbye. So he needs to tell me if he wants me to hang around with my absent mind or go find a the organizer lady with big boobies.

I say kick him to the curb, move in with me and we'll be to busy doing other things to worry where the keys are. Hehe.

~Chachi

hang around with my absent mind or go find a the organizer lady with big boobies.

That's not me you're talking about. I only organize at the WFFC, and I don't have big boobies.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

You do have boobies right? Which brings me to the next question....do you free fly? B|

Only when no ones looking;) and there's no video around.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Tiffany, has anyone ever told you that you act like someone who has ADD? My daughter has it, and when I was reading your post, I thought that sounded just like her! She's very bright, but she is very forgetful and will start something without ever finishing up what she was working on before. There are a lot of other problems associated with it, but it might be worth checking into. At least then you could tell your husband it's not really something you have any control over (unless you take mediaction for it), it's just how you are wired.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I wlil keep that a though in my mind:P. Im just sick of trying to change and of the yelling he does.

I hate when men yell at me. I want peace. What about when his cat vomits. Do I yell. Do I cllean it up???? yep.;)He can't because of the immune suspressent drugs.

I am really scared that this marriage may not work.:|

Free:

no matter how trying life's little "horrible jokes" can be, be of good cheer and prevail. you are a "winner" not a lozer, you have a positive "can do" attitude and i'm confident this will see you through whatever life may throw at you. i hope you'll always be my friend. best wishes, always...
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

Only when no ones looking and there's no video around

I'll turn my camera off...I swear...what red light? I don't see any red light....:D

I have already had to bribe a video guy to erase what he caught on video on a ride up to alitude. It wasn't easy to get that tape to disappear . ;) Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, F*** you. ;)

Have you talked with your husband about these worries of yours? Wasn't he aware of 'who you are' before he married you? Why does he think you will change just for him? Be who you are, and try not to stress out on his comments. Be happy, okay?

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Gimme an "A"!
Gimme a "D"!
Gimme an "H"!
Gimme a "D"!

:S

You think you're bad? Try this on for size....

I was in a hurry to get somewhere (forget exactly where), and I go to where my keys normally are. Ain't there. I spend the next 20 minutes tearing the house apart cursing up and down how sick I am of losing my keys. Liz asks "What's wrong?" I tell her I can't find my keys.

So she says "You mean the ones you have in your hand?"

I couldn't believe it. :$

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Tiffany, has anyone ever told you that you act like someone who has ADD?

How funny that we were thinking the exact same thing! :D

Another hallmark of ADHD is low self-esteem... a feeling of being a failure, of never measuring up... even though you may actually do quite well in school, work etc.

And to answer your question Tiff, it's a very common misconception that ADHD is only a "child's disease". I've had it all my life but I wasn't formally diagnosed (by two psychiatrists and a psychologist) until this year.

The meds used to treat ADHD in adults is the same as for kids. I take Adderall.

- Z

No one deserves to be yelled at and demeaned...it says a lot about the type of person he is...sounds like he is insecure and needs to point out his perceived imperfections in you to make himself feel important...some men NEED women they can control like that..without them, they feel like nothing..

So he needs to tell me if he wants me to hang around with my absent mind or go find a the organizer lady with big boobies.

Uhh, freebird...would you really go find the organizer lady with the big boobs? And would you go find her for him or you?
FFF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

Tiffany, has anyone ever told you that you act like someone who has ADD?

How funny that we were thinking the exact same thing! :D

Another hallmark of ADHD is low self-esteem... a feeling of being a failure, of never measuring up... even though you may actually do quite well in school, work etc.

And to answer your question Tiff, it's a very common misconception that ADHD is only a "child's disease". I've had it all my life but I wasn't formally diagnosed (by two psychiatrists and a psychologist) until this year.

The meds used to treat ADHD in adults is the same as for kids. I take Adderall.

Did you realize that there are studies out there dubunking this very thought reasoning?

The school system here wanted to label my child as ADHD. They actually insisted.

They made references to how she behaved in school, homework, behavior, ect. NONE of what they said was present at home. A hallmark of ADHD is it cannot be "turned off" by the person. It affects all aspects of their lives. For adults, this would include any activities. Work, home, play (skydiving?). Think about it some more before you misdiagnose yourself.

I did a little research on my own, since I refuse to have my children put on mind altering drugs.

Here is a good start, a good, short read. For more information, do a simple web search for "add gifted". You would be amazed at what you can find. I read somewhere that in one study, doctors believed it is possible for up to 90% of the children on medication today for ADD or ADHD are gifted, and do NOT had the disorder.

Think about it.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Did you realize that there are studies out there dubunking this very thought reasoning?

And there are also many many studies supporting it.

Anybody can say anything and call it a "study". Given the fact that ADHD is an accepted diagnosis in the medical community, I think I'll trust my doctors' (note the plural) judgment.

A hallmark of ADHD is it cannot be "turned off" by the person. It affects all aspects of their lives. For adults, this would include any activities. Work, home, play (skydiving?). Think about it some more before you misdiagnose yourself.

Ummmmm.... my symtopms do manifest themselves in all aspects of my life. It isn't something that I can turn on or off... not even with meds. Meds only temper the symptoms, they don't eliminate them.

I read the page you referenced and a few comments in order. Nothing on this page "debunks" anything I've said. All it says is that one should be cautious in confusing an unusually gifted person with one who has ADHD. I agree with this sentiment and so does every psychiatrist/psychoogist that I've talked to.

Another common misconception of ADHD is that it implies poor performance in work or school.

Not necessarily. There are many highly intelligent people I personally know with ADHD and performed quite well in school. One even graduated Manga Cum Laude.

There is such a thing as a high-functioning ADHD.

Your child's school system is not in the business of diagnosing a medical condition. That is the domain of phsyicians and psychologists.

School systems cannot prescribe ADHD medications. Only physicians can.

People who self-diagnose cannot prescribe themselves medications. Only physicians can.

I suppose it depends on how you define "mind-altering", but Adderall does not have intoxicating effects for people with ADHD. It does improve my ability to focus and concentrate, however. If that's al alteration, I'm OK with that.

Same with antidepressants.

Think about it.

This assumes that I haven't thought about it... an assumption which you make without knowing anything about me, my history or my condition.

It also denies the professionalism of the physicians (again not the plural) who I have consulted before going on meds.

Maybe you should "think" before assuming that patients and licensed professionals would ignore research, make diagnoses and prescribe medications just "because".

Going on medications is a personal choice. I don't deride those who choose not to go on medications for personal reasons. It would be appreciated if you showed similar respect for those who do.

- Z

Whoops! Sorry to offend you Zen! I realized I used your post to point out some things, but I didn't intend to direct it AT you.

My point is to take what others say with a grain of salt, and seek professional advice, which you did. Lack of focus is not always ADHD.

The words of the school Psych after doing tests:

Selena needs to be on medication if she wants to go anywhere in life.

She's 6.

The words of our doctor after more tests:

Selena exhibits no tendancies towards ADHD. Quite the contrary actually. She exhibits many traits of giftedness. Furthermore, her lack of attention in school I attribute to the fact that she is primarily a right brain learner. Right brain people tend to lose focus on tasks the do not interest them, and when in a task they have high interest in actually seem to ignore all else around them.

Yep, he hit Selena on the head.

I only ask that people explore all avenues, get second and/or third opinions, and don't automatically accept the ADHD/medication diagnoses.

For those that really do have ADD/ADHD the medication is a wonderful stabilizer. For those that do not have the disease and are misdiagnosed, the meds are actually hindering them.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Going on medications is a personal choice. I don't deride those who choose not to go on medications for personal reasons. It would be appreciated if you showed similar respect for those who do.

Thanks, Zennie! Much politer than I would have been!
Skydiving is for cool people only