davidp

What is it about Men

I'm in the process of putting together a second rig. I have a new Saber 2 on the way (9 weeks) and have a reserve in hand. I have been looking at containers for about 3 weeks now but can't seem to let go of the money. So in frustration today i went out and looked at new motorcycles woohoo,, and am seriously considering spending 18k on one. Why is it I can commit to spending the 18k but not the 1.5 k on something i really want ?

With courage being greater than your fear, jump into the unknown and enjoy the best that life has to offer.

DANG IT >:(

This isn't the male bashing post I thought it was going to be :S

However if it helps, I had $5000 in hand for a new rig.....being on the injured list and unable to jump, I bought an RV.

Still wish I had a new rig, but damn glad I got the rv!

Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...

Why is it I can commit to spending the 18k but not the 1.5 k on something i really want ?

Because it's easier to get financing for a motorcycle than it is for a rig? Just a guess.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Now theres a idea,, spend the money on a RV, give up the job and travel from dz to dz,,,siphon *sp ?gas from vehicles at night,,eat at the Mc D's dumpster after closing and hey im on the road

With courage being greater than your fear, jump into the unknown and enjoy the best that life has to offer.

from time to time i get a bit out of hand,, i get this idea,, and i just build on it. I'm 45 yo and still wonder what i'll be when i grow up.

$18K for a motorcycle is a waste. $1500 on a rig isn't. Your money:fun ratio is far better with a rig. Shit...I'd buy a new car just for driving to the dropzone with $18K... ;)

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

from time to time i get a bit out of hand,, i get this idea,, and i just build on it. I'm 45 yo and still wonder what i'll be when i grow up.

See, there is your problem. I have realized that I have no choice but to grow older. I have made up my mind that I will never grow up. I am having too much fun this way!;):P

I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

from time to time i get a bit out of hand,, i get this idea,, and i just build on it.

It's called 'Obsessive Compulsive'.:S

I'm 45 yo and still wonder what i'll be when i grow up.

I'm 41 and just refuse to.:P
'In an insane society a sane person seems insane.' Mr. Spock

18K for a crotch rocket? doubful, that sounds like Harley prices to me. I can say from very regular repetition that pulling up to the dz with Harley exhaust purring is a nice nice feeling. Something jsut seems right about walking from a harley to a plane to jump.:)

--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

18k is the harley,, ive looked at indians also,, something about that chief on the front fender does it for me, the indians retail about 2k more than harleys, i wonder about the resale?