YvonneWiggers

frontriserpressure on Fusion vs Sabre2

Well long story short, I only got the chance to make one demojump on a the PA Fusion I might be buying, and because of high winds I wasn't really capable of trying out everything I wanted to.

So, I read alot about openings and flare, and as far as the flare I can confirm, it's nice. On opening I had a togglefire, so couldn't really judge if the opening is any good :P, but all I read is that it's comparable if not better than a sabre2 on openings, and I'm happy with the openings on my sabre2 135. So the only thing that's still keeping me from buying this canopy is the fact that I'm a pussy and if the frontriserpressure on a fusion is higher than on a sabre2, I probably won't be able to use those frontrisers.

So basically my question to you is: How is the frontriserpressure on a Fusion compared to that on a Sabre2? It would be a 120, which would bring my wingload to an astonishing 1.2.
"So I jump out, look up, and think 'Oh SHIT!...

It's PINK!!!'"
- army guy after his first staticline jump

I'm happy with the (off-heading) openings on my...

I don't like that statement.

Yeah I just read through my post, and apart from some spelling errors, I also realized that wasn't really stated the way I meant it. What I meant was that I'm happy with the openings on my sabre2, even though they're off-heading most of the time.

It's PINK!!!'"

I demoed a Fusion 175, Sabre2 170, and Safire2 169. Front riser pressure was lowest with the Fusion, but almost identical among the three. The Fusion had the most flare also, but honestly there was very little difference between the three. I ended up with a Safire because I sold my old main and had less than a week to get into a new one and a Safire was all I could find available immediately.

They're a little different, but I think all three are awesome canopies with very similar performance. The Fusion gives you the most bang for the buck but come resale they don't hold as much value.

I demoed a Fusion 175, Sabre2 170, and Safire2 169. Front riser pressure was lowest with the Fusion, but almost identical among the three.

Thanks! That's good to know. Anyone else with any experience comparing the two? Maybe on smaller sizes as well?

It's PINK!!!'"

Give me your Fusion 120 and I'll tell you:)

Or if you go to the gym twice a week this winter, the question about the riser pressure won't bother you anymore :P:P:P

"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

Oh fuck you, we both know me working out is never gonna happen, I just don't have the time (read: I'm just too damn lazy). :P
The fusion is Saskia's, but it's in my rig at the moment. It needs to have the steeringlines lengthened, If you get bored during the week, it's laying open in the hangar :);)

It's PINK!!!'"