Chivo

Gleamming the cube!!!

Did you try layers? Supposedly it's faster. Plus you get a lot of shortcuts at the final stages. I can post a link to the solution if you want.

EDITED: Brief favourites search yields this

I've tried both. I'll stick with my tried and true method. Those that watch me still can't figure out how I do it. I've looked at all the "cheat" books I've run across, and have yet to find one describing the way I solve it. I figured it out myself at the age of 11 or 12, so i guess I'll stick with it!!!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

On Rubiks Revenge:

I still haven't found another one I can buy, but I did manage to at least find a picture of it Here!

Those that were frustrated by the original, try that one!

I solved it 5 times in 2 years, before it was lost. I never developed a pattern for it, though once the centers are in place, if you are careful, it's just a big original.

The problem is that, with Revenge, the centers are moveable, increasing the difficulty by a huge margin!
It's your life, live it!

This thread went south in a hurry;)

Age 12? Whoa dude. What's your IQ?

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

This thread went south in a hurry;)

Age 12? Whoa dude. What's your IQ?

I never had a formal IQ test done. From the various Mensa test on the net, and others, I get around a 185-190 average, though I would love to have a clinical one done.
It's your life, live it!

Whoa. I bow down to you master;)

No way I'm a master. I'm about to be surpassed by my son. He is 11, and has formal tests done. Last one was 4 months ago, and he was given a 178. I still believe it's in the genes, as far as brains go.
It's your life, live it!

Good to hear your son is well off. In our world IQ is becoming more and more important. Just remember, a high IQ does not a good man make, at least I believe that.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

I heard somewhere that sky surfer Rob Harris, competed at a regional level as a kid @ Rubik's cube comtetitions. seriously, guy was amazing

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

I'm about to be surpassed by my son. He is 11, and has formal tests done. Last one was 4 months ago, and he was given a 178. I still believe it's in the genes, as far as brains go.

So, um, what are your plans for world domination? You certainly have Pinky and the Brain beat! ;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I had a Cube as a kid. You know how I solved it? I peeled all the colored stickers off and replaced them on the right sides...then again, I was 7 or 8 years old.

Ever had one of those Rubics rings, the flat plastic thing that folded with the rings on it? I used to love that, I could do just about all the different designs the instructions said to try to do with out any problem. That was a fun "toy".
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Did you know that the father of the cube's inventor named also Erno Rubik is an engineer who is famous in designing gliders and ultra-lights.

These are some of the gliders he desinged.

R-07a Tücsök
R-07b Vöcsök
R-08 Pilis,
R-11 Cimbora,
R-12 Kevély,
R-14 Pinty,
R-15 Koma,
R-16 Lepke,
R-17 Móka,
R-18 Kánya,
R-22 Futár,
R-22b Június 18,
R-25 Mokány (Esztergom),
R-26 Góbé,
R-31 Dupla, R-32

The pic is the R-26 Gobe

http://www.goldtimer.hu/e_index.html

The link is to an foundation which restores oldtimer planes incl. one of Rubik's planes.

OFF-TOPIC
In 2001 the foundation restored a Lisunov Li-2 (Hotel-Alpha-Lima-India-Xray) the Soviet version of Douglas DC-3. As far as I kow that is the last flying Li-2.

AND

Sometimes they arrange jumps from it. I am not allowed to jump from it yet. Maybe this year.

OVER

small_gobe.jpg

Good to hear your son is well off. In our world IQ is becoming more and more important. Just remember, a high IQ does not a good man make, at least I believe that.

That's what I'm trying to instill in him as well. So far, he's the most polite pre teen you've ever seen. After the next year and a couple of months though.....uh oh.

Oh, yea, he wants to jump really bad too, but for now, the next chance I get, he's gonna take a ride with Mullins....B|
It's your life, live it!

I'm about to be surpassed by my son. He is 11, and has formal tests done. Last one was 4 months ago, and he was given a 178. I still believe it's in the genes, as far as brains go.

So, um, what are your plans for world domination? You certainly have Pinky and the Brain beat! ;)

I'll be happy with dominating the USPA in 2 years. B|
It's your life, live it!