shibu

Tracking Suit for Beginners?

So I have a little over 100 jumps & am interested in getting a tracking suit.

I saw these sick looking Birdman Tracking pants with a a small wing in the crotch area that a jumper was wearing last weekend. It is probably too much for someone at my level.

Any recommendations on a first pair of tracking pants / suit for someone with ~100 jumps?

Birdman vs. Pheonix Fly vs. Tube3.

I tried checking the websites but the info was limited.

Chances are that you don't need a tracking suit... just learn to track well. Most people don't, but then throw a hissy fit if you suggest that to them.

Get some coaching specifically for that if it's what you're into.

I have had tracking coaching, but I agree, I could use more. I could also ask a coach if I am ready for one before I invest in it.

Thanks.

My personal opinion is that unless you're going to start base jumping, there is no reason to buy tracking pants. It's the only place they seem to get used regularly. Most people in skydiving don't have them, so you can't really go out and do tracking pants jumps with people. Most tracking jumps happen in a freefly suit or RW suit even.

If you want to wingsuit someday, save the money on the pants and spend it on jumps. It's not really requisite to being a good wingsuiter.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I saw these sick looking Birdman Tracking pants with a a small wing in the crotch area that a jumper was wearing last weekend..

wow you saw an Impact ?? that's cool :)

Yes. I think they were Birdman Impact Pantz. Thanks.
The guy who was wearing them has alot of gear. I think I saw him wear another tracking suit later the same day.

My personal opinion is that unless you're going to start base jumping, there is no reason to buy tracking pants. It's the only place they seem to get used regularly. Most people in skydiving don't have them, so you can't really go out and do tracking pants jumps with people. Most tracking jumps happen in a freefly suit or RW suit even.

If you want to wingsuit someday, save the money on the pants and spend it on jumps. It's not really requisite to being a good wingsuiter.

The jumper I saw wearing them did say he was going base jumping next month.

I would like to fly a WS some day but that's not why I wanted the tracking pants. Just wanted to be track more horizontally.

I agree with you for now though. I like the tracking pants concept but think my money would be better spent on jumps & coaches at this point.