phatcat

In case you need another expensive flying hobby...

I'm kinda sorta considering building an ultralight. So far, everybody I have talked to thinks that it is fairly safe, as long as the prospective pilot gets qualified flght instruction and flies a tried and tested aircraft. Many of the deaths in ultralights happened to people who, for some reason on another, thought that they could teach themselves to fly. Just because you don't have to have a license doesn't mean that you can safely teach yourself to fly.

Go to the end of the plane and turn right...unless it a tail gate ;-)

...or a Cessna. If Cessna

1) Remove supplied key from tin.
2) Bend up tab at one end of tin lid.
3) Insert slot of key to tab of tin.
4) Twist toward non-tabbed end until tin is open
5) Say g'bye to pilot
6) Jump yee out!

(yes, our C-182 is a early narrow body model. Can you say Sardines? I knew you could B|)

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

it was just a bad situation.

Sorry, didn't mean to get defensive. Can I ask what happened? I just want to learn as much as possible, including other people's mistakes.

Not a problem. Learning is a good thing

He was messing around and overloaded a wing support cable. "Snap" and spun it in. This was in the days before they had the saftey parachutes. One of those might have saved him.
---------------------------------------------

Randy

Used powered parachutes start around 10 grand.

Yes, it's just a motor on tubing (make that an ultra-reliable 65 HP Rotax motor on powder-coated high strength aluminum tubing in an assembly-ready kit including instrumentation and seats and suspension and brakes and a fuel system and radios and a $4000 P.D. parachute and a propeller and engineering effort and overhead for running a manufacturing business in a very small market...) But that's what they cost.

I know I couldn't duplicate the product or even make something that would get off the ground for 10 times the price and a year of effort.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

make that an ultra-reliable 65 HP Rotax motor on powder-coated high strength aluminum tubing in an assembly-ready kit including instrumentation and seats and suspension and brakes and a fuel system and radios and a $4000 P.D. parachute and a propeller and engineering effort and overhead for running a manufacturing business in a very small market...

I deserved that - THANKYOUSIRMAYIHAVEANOTHER? :$