bodypilot90

If Iraq is shown to have ties to 9-11 would you support going in w/o the UN

and you believe SH when he says "great lie” that his country still has banned weapons."

so we're straight, i never made such a remark, or even remotely elluded to such a remark. sadaam's a lying SOB, plain and simple. in any event, attacking iraq (which we're going to do, no matter who's for/against it) without at least the 9 required votes is a mistake, a lethal mistake. Bush is little more than "the village idiot" he is not handling this affair properly. 12 years, 12 years have gone by...where were we? this is unacceptable, and we're going to pay, this is no joke. there won't be a moment's of peace on god's green earth.
and i won't boycott anything from France, or germany. my ancestor's fled Germany to the USA in the 1800's for religous freedom.
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

sadaam's a lying SOB, plain and simple. i

Nice to see that we agree on something.

in any event, attacking iraq (which we're going to do, no matter who's for/against it) without at least the 9 required votes is a mistake, a lethal mistake.

Saddam will not be disarmed without force, however France has said that it will veto any resolution calling for the use of force. How do you propose that we get around this?

Bush is little more than "the village idiot" he is not handling this affair properly. 12 years, 12 years have gone by...where were we? this is unacceptable, and we're going to pay, this is no joke. there won't be a moment's of peace on god's green earth.

Little more than the village idiot? You have information that he doesn't? Must be nice. You've said more than once that Bush isn't handling this affair properly yet I've never seen you offer a solution. Here's your chance Richard, what's your solution?

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

that's good, i'm glad you "presented evidence" of ties to iraq and 09/11. on the other hand, evidence does not need to be "presented" on the 12 years, as it is historical fact. me, you, and every american in the US of A are to blame for that one.
--Richard--

Here's your chance Richard, what's your solution?

patience...if you go back in this thread, you'll see i have come up with several ideas. 12 years we had time to be proactive on this dissarming issue, and we let it slide. now out of the big middle of nowhere we are going to attack iraq. (in obvious retaliation for 09/11) let diplomacy do it's job. the inspector's are working daily, if we have to send in 20,000 inspector's so be it.
--Richard--

Bush is little more than "the village idiot" he is not handling this affair properly.

well I strongly disgree. I have shown evidence that SH has ties to the 9-11 crowd.

I hope you sent it to the CIA. They didn't seem to be able to find any. Maybe they don't read the Guardian down in Langley.;)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

that's good, i'm glad you "presented evidence" of ties to iraq and 09/11. on the other hand, evidence does not need to be "presented" on the 12 years, as it is historical fact. me, you, and every american in the US of A are to blame for that one.

and france's hands and china's hands are clean......I think not

if you go back in this thread, you'll see i have come up with several ideas.

I went back through this thread, I didn't see a single post where you offered up an alternative solution, besides the one where you suggested something about a 35 cent bullet.

12 years we had time to be proactive on this dissarming issue, and we let it slide.

That was 12 years ago, this is now. What's your point?

now out of the big middle of nowhere we are going to attack iraq. (in obvious retaliation for 09/11)

I think what's happened is we now realize that we aren't immune to international terrorism. We know that Saddam has WMD, specifically chemical and biological. These particular WMD pose a significant threat as they do not require a sophisticated delivery system, especially not for a terrorist attack. We feel strongly that if Saddam is left in control of these chemical and biological weapons that he will use them to attack us or our allies. It is our duty to protect both US citizens on US soil as well as our allies. I don't think that this is in retaliation to September 11, 2001, but rather an attempt to make sure that something similar doesn't happen in the near future.

let diplomacy do it's job.

Diplomacy didn't do the job 12 years ago and it's not working now.

if we have to send in 20,000 inspector's so be it.

And who's going to pay for that?

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

And who's going to pay for that?

well since they would be UN inspectors all of the nations represented would have to pay their share.

That was 12 years ago, this is now. What's your point?

if we've waited 12 years, why can't we now wait 12 months? the UN and every member of it, the USA included "dropped the ball"

Diplomacy didn't do the job 12 years ago and it's not working now.

you've said 12 years as if referring to 12 years restropectively. this was supposed to be an immediate dissarmament, not a 12 year long dissarmament.
We know that Saddam has WMD, specifically chemical and biological.

big deal, so does the USA

These particular WMD pose a significant threat as they do not require a sophisticated delivery system, especially not for a terrorist attack.

so do ours

We feel strongly that if Saddam is left in control of these chemical and biological weapons that he will use them to attack us or our allies.

who's to say ol' wyubya isn't a lose cannon?

It is our duty to protect both US citizens on US soil as well as our allies.

yeah, i can see where attacking iraq will make U.S. world travelers feel much safer.

I don't think that this is in retaliation to September 11, 2001, but rather an attempt to make sure that something similar doesn't happen in the near future.

your wrong according to the details.
the "original intent" was to eradicate al-queda, so we went into afganistan to kill osama bin laden, we did not achieve that objective. now, since we didn't finish up that job wyubya changes course from a 180 to a 360 and now it's about attacking iraq. what does this have to do with our "original plan?" who will we attck next? France, Germany, China, North Korea or maybe even Russia? ol' wyubya would think twice before attacking either one of these countries, because they're no "push overs"

you suggested something about a 35 cent bullet.***
i still do. but i have relented to the fact of imminent war. it's sad diplomatic processes were not allowed to culminate in the dissarmament of SH. be watching the headlines, watch more airlines go broke, unemployment figures climb, and look for your own civil liberties to be further infringed upon by our own goverment agencies. all those of you with any type of criminal record, past due parking tickets, past due child support, jaywalkers, hot check writers, brace yourselves. we'll talk to all of you in a year, i just bet ol wyubya won't be quite so popular then. the president is doing nothing more than "saving face" for the events of 09/11, he got caught with his pants down that day, hell, we all did and he wants assurance it won't happen again, this war will provide him no such assurance, but it will raise the stakes for further retaliation from other powers in the world. bets are being taken at the window.
--Richard--

VERIFIED evidence?

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/iraq/salman_pak.htm
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/gunning/interviews/khodada.html

http://www.observer.co.uk/focus/story/0,6903,591439,00.html
I know you will not accept this comrad kallend but it's true

Bill, without wanting to be smart, if you consider that to be Verifed Evidence i have a bridge i would like to sell you. Ive read all articles as quoted ( and god knows newspaper articles are *always* 100% accurate!) and in none of them did i see " Yes Sadaam funded and trained the Alquaida terrrorist who flew into the Twin Towers"
I saw 'apparently' I saw 'no one said they were Alquaida' and i saw Non Iraqi Arabs...

To put it in context, thats kinda like the IRA going to Ian Paisley for training...
And none of this came out til after the US stated their intention of wanting to go to war with Iraq.

to put it in context I dont doubt that he probably is funding 'non iraqi arabs' but you know theres a LOT of arab terrorist groups and a lot of them are active in the middle east, not in America. Im not saying thats ok then by any means... but if you are claiming verified evidence can we do better than supposition from fairly biased sources ?

Genie

so we're straight, i never made such a remark, or even remotely elluded to such a remark. sadaam's a lying SOB, plain and simple.

Hey we agree on something that's a start.

in any event, attacking iraq (which we're going to do, no matter who's for/against it) without at least the 9 required votes is a mistake, a lethal mistake

sorry I disagree we need no ones aproval to protect ourselves.

Bush is little more than "the village idiot" he is not handling this affair properly.

His hand was forced by the french who was unwilling to talk about anything....

12 years, 12 years have gone by...where were we?[ this is unacceptable,

yes, which is why we had to go it w/o all of the UN. Such a shame.

and we're going to pay, this is no joke. there won't be a moment's of peace on god's green earth.

you should learn from N Korea, containment no longer works. The rules have changed since 9-11

and i won't boycott anything from France, or germany. my ancestor's fled Germany to the USA in the 1800's for religous freedom.

that's your right, you can buy the dipsy chicks newest cd. Just remember it is my right not to as well!

let diplomacy do it's job

it tried and in 12 years nada, time to let the real men handle it.

in obvious retaliation for 09/11

because they were involved

Theres a lot stronger evidence that the Saudi royal family had links to the 9/11 tragedy. The US Government helped them to leave America, and they're not going to war against Saudi are they? The Saudis *personally* handed over money to a 9/11 suspect pre 9/11 - and were given first class airline seats out of the US.

Genie
(ok i dont know it was first class, but i cant imagine them flying coach :))

Theres a lot stronger evidence that the Saudi royal family had links to the 9/11 tragedy. The US Government helped them to leave America, and they're not going to war against Saudi are they? The Saudis *personally* handed over money to a 9/11 suspect pre 9/11 - and were given first class airline seats out of the US.

I believe they should be next.

I believe they should be next.

and who should America attack after its conquored iraq and saudi? Well the French seem like an obvious target dont they? They didnt want to go to war with iraq, they're obviously terrorist supporters! Where you gonna stop?

Genie