MEredith714

Recommended Helmets & Advice

Afternoon all,

I know there are tonnes of posts like this already on DZ and I apologise for adding another one....

Soon I will be going over to Cyprus on a course and - all been well - getting in many many jumps and finally - after been weathered off repeatedly in the UK - gaining my A Licence. By the time this happens I'm going to be getting close to 20 - 25 jumps and, by the end of the course creeping up towards my B Licence.

Slowly, I want to start getting my own kit together and was wondering what kit you would all recommend?

I like the idea of full face helmets but know I can't even think about them until B Licence. This might be a stupid question but can you not just take the lens out of a full face and use it before a B Licence?

An instructor at Netheravon (UK) has a Bonehead MXV which I like the look of but know that's a camera helmet. Are there any other helmets which have the chin cup like these?

Obviously, looking good saves lives so with that, does anybody have any recommendations?

Cheers!

If what you want to have is a full face, then get a cheap but very effective ProTec, jump your ass off, get your B license, and buy yourself a fullface in a few months. Try them all and find the one that fits your face.
Remster

If what you want to have is a full face, then get a cheap but very effective ProTec, jump your ass off, get your B license, and buy yourself a fullface in a few months. Try them all and find the one that fits your face.

That is exactly what i did.