tucoxn

Carry-on rig with Air Pacific airlines?

I would like to know if any of you have experience traveling with your rig on Air Pacific airlines. I've traveled with my rig as carry-on luggage to several destinations, including Florida, Connecticut, California, and Montreal, using several airlines with little to no disruptions.

I've never had any serious problems traveling with my rig but I don't think Air Pacific has much experience with skydivers. Can you please tell me your stories about traveling with your rig on Air Pacific -- did you have problems or not?

Thanks,
Kendal

"Moderation in everything - even in moderation!"

Heard that security can ask questions sometimes (bring your cypres card) or maybe the girls at check in but they are both independent from the airline. If in doubt have your rig as checked luggage. But if you can't lock your suitcase I wouldn't do that :P. Anyway I wouldn't worry that much, have a good trip :)

good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere

maybe the girls at check in but they are both independent from the airline

Actually, the people doing the check-in are very often employees of the airline.

But in any case, a lot of hassle can come from airport security or TSA (or local equivalent) staff on the day, no matter what the airline (or even policy documents) say. Why risk some random power-tripper ruining your day, as I have watched happen in front of me more than once now?

Check your rig in :)
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Any time you insist on carrying your rig with you onto a public flight you're massively increasing the risk of getting stopped and or hassled - no matter what the policy of the airline, or your personal beliefs on what is right or fair.

Buy a small hard suitcase and put in a note on top in case it gets opened saying 'This is lifesaving Parachute equipment. Untrained persons handling or tampering with it may result in death to the user. PLEASE page me if you want to inspect it.' and give your name and flight details, then check it.

Easy.

Your rig might be too big to fit the compartment above your seat. they might take it from you before you ever enter the airplane and put it as a check in. You will get it as soon you leave the plane.
The TSA allows rigs on board. Make a copy of the rules and keep it handed in case ... I always take my vector 308 inside a military backpack very tied up as a carry-on and fits just right the small compartment by pushing a little.
You'd better check it in as some people have suggested
My guess:)