fudd

Teach my gf to pack?

I'm going to try bring my girlfriend to the dz this summer, but I'm a bit worried she might get bored since she's not jumping.

Should I teach her to pack for me so I wont have to? She will have something to do and she could even earn a little jump money for me packing for others too :P

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Actually, that was my grand idea at one point...find some dorky guy (I went to school at Purdue, it wouldn't have been difficult) who's too scared to skydive and would be my bitch. I was advised against that, however, since I would be in big trouble if I accidentally pissed them off!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

If she starts earning money packing, expect to pay her if she packs for you. One way or another -- at least acknowledge that this is something she does for money.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

This is close to home for me this week, pardon my passion...

This is a slightly different situation, but I just started jumping, my boyfriend has been jumping a while.

I asked him to teach me how to pack so I wouldn't have to hit up any of his friends. This was not a good choice. He was trying to be helpful but couldn't help doing everything for me, I was like, "MOVE! Let me close the D***** thing!" to no avail... it took twice as long as going with someone else.

If your girfriend is insane enough to want to be your packer, you might want to have someone else teach her so she doesn't choke you.

MB|

The last mosquito that bit me had to book into the Betty Ford Clinic. -Patsy

Or do what I did - send her off to a rigging course and have her get her rigger's ticket. Free pack jobs on _both_ your canopies.

Ahh yes a good idea in principal but... then if you piss her off your really screwed! Hard pull on every handle you have!:o:D